Phi Theta Kappa makes staff announcements
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2010
New staff appointments have been announced by Phi Theta Kappa’s executive director Dr. Rod A. Risley. Cheryl Carr has accepted the position of executive assistant to the associate executive director. Carr attended Holmes Community College, where she accepted membership into Phi Theta Kappa, and received bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Business Education from Delta State University. Most recently, she worked at The Clarion-Ledger as executive assistant to the publisher/president.
Laura Rasmussen McGee joins Phi Theta Kappa’s Center for Excellence staff as Collegefish.org enrollment specialist. She earned a bachelor of arts degree in justice (pre-law) from the University of Alaska with a minor in political science and international relations. Rasmussen McGee was most recently was employed by American HealthTech as director of quality assurance.
Clay Meyer has been named senior interactive designer. He earned a bachelor of arts in graphic design from Mississippi College with a minor in business administration. Meyer previously worked at Cellular South as senior web designer.
Deidra Daws has accepted the position of interim chief financial officer. She earned a bachelor of science in business administration degree in accounting from the University of Southern Mississippi. Daws previously served as Phi Theta Kappa’s director of financial services from 1996-99, and most recently as the CFO of Four Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care in Asheville, N.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker