ADP kicks off ‘Competitive Edge’ campaign
Published: August 23,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Area Development Partnership (ADP) has launched Competitive Edge, the new fundraising initiative to underwrite an economic and community development program in the Greater Hattiesburg Area over the next five years.
Competitive Edge, which is the third program of its kind for the ADP, will provide funding for economic development services, marketing for expanding local businesses and recruiting right-fit industries as well as retirees.
Competitive Edge named Warren Hood, chairman of Hood Companies, and Lawrence W. Warren, CEO of Warren Paving, to serve as the co-chairs of the campaign Leadership Council.
“The Greater Hattiesburg Area is at a crossroad. We can either be satisfied with where we are and what we have accomplished so far, or seize the many opportunities that the Competitive Edge initiative provides,” Warren said.
Competitive Edge has also named Mike Collins, division manager of Mississippi Power, as the campaign general chairman.
“This program establishes a public-private partnership that will guide and stimulate economic growth in all three counties serviced by the Area Development Partnership. It is a bold effort that brings our private corporate leadership together with our public partners for the good of the Greater Hattiesburg Area and is vital to our economic well-being,” Collins said.
The Competitive Edge campaign will be implemented throughout the Greater Hattiesburg Area over the next five months. Corporate and community leaders from across the area have helped create the five-year action plan that the fund raising campaign will underwrite. Approximately 75 public and private sector leaders will help raise the necessary funds to implement this extraordinary program.
The campaign office has been established in the Convention Center at One Convention Center Plaza in Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County