ADP kicks off ‘Competitive Edge’ campaign
Published: August 23,2010
HATTIESBURG — The Area Development Partnership (ADP) has launched Competitive Edge, the new fundraising initiative to underwrite an economic and community development program in the Greater Hattiesburg Area over the next five years.
Competitive Edge, which is the third program of its kind for the ADP, will provide funding for economic development services, marketing for expanding local businesses and recruiting right-fit industries as well as retirees.
Competitive Edge named Warren Hood, chairman of Hood Companies, and Lawrence W. Warren, CEO of Warren Paving, to serve as the co-chairs of the campaign Leadership Council.
“The Greater Hattiesburg Area is at a crossroad. We can either be satisfied with where we are and what we have accomplished so far, or seize the many opportunities that the Competitive Edge initiative provides,” Warren said.
Competitive Edge has also named Mike Collins, division manager of Mississippi Power, as the campaign general chairman.
“This program establishes a public-private partnership that will guide and stimulate economic growth in all three counties serviced by the Area Development Partnership. It is a bold effort that brings our private corporate leadership together with our public partners for the good of the Greater Hattiesburg Area and is vital to our economic well-being,” Collins said.
The Competitive Edge campaign will be implemented throughout the Greater Hattiesburg Area over the next five months. Corporate and community leaders from across the area have helped create the five-year action plan that the fund raising campaign will underwrite. Approximately 75 public and private sector leaders will help raise the necessary funds to implement this extraordinary program.
The campaign office has been established in the Convention Center at One Convention Center Plaza in Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager