Magazine names MGCCC ‘Military Friendly’
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College was named a Military Friendly School for 2011 by G.I. Jobs magazine.
This honor ranks Gulf Coast in the top 15 percent of all colleges, universities and trade schools nationwide based on a survey of college policies, recruiting and retention efforts.
Derek Blumke, president of Student Veterans of America and a member of the list’s Academic Advisory Board, said the list proves beneficial to veterans who use it. “The Military-Friendly Schools list is the gold standard in letting veterans know which schools will offer them the greatest opportunity, flexibility and overall experience. It’s especially important now with so many schools competing for military students.”
The list was compiled through exhaustive research starting last April during which G.I. Jobs polled more than 7,000 schools nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option