Magazine names MGCCC ‘Military Friendly’
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College was named a Military Friendly School for 2011 by G.I. Jobs magazine.
This honor ranks Gulf Coast in the top 15 percent of all colleges, universities and trade schools nationwide based on a survey of college policies, recruiting and retention efforts.
Derek Blumke, president of Student Veterans of America and a member of the list’s Academic Advisory Board, said the list proves beneficial to veterans who use it. “The Military-Friendly Schools list is the gold standard in letting veterans know which schools will offer them the greatest opportunity, flexibility and overall experience. It’s especially important now with so many schools competing for military students.”
The list was compiled through exhaustive research starting last April during which G.I. Jobs polled more than 7,000 schools nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute