Magazine names MGCCC ‘Military Friendly’
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College was named a Military Friendly School for 2011 by G.I. Jobs magazine.
This honor ranks Gulf Coast in the top 15 percent of all colleges, universities and trade schools nationwide based on a survey of college policies, recruiting and retention efforts.
Derek Blumke, president of Student Veterans of America and a member of the list’s Academic Advisory Board, said the list proves beneficial to veterans who use it. “The Military-Friendly Schools list is the gold standard in letting veterans know which schools will offer them the greatest opportunity, flexibility and overall experience. It’s especially important now with so many schools competing for military students.”
The list was compiled through exhaustive research starting last April during which G.I. Jobs polled more than 7,000 schools nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast