Magazine names MGCCC ‘Military Friendly’
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College was named a Military Friendly School for 2011 by G.I. Jobs magazine.
This honor ranks Gulf Coast in the top 15 percent of all colleges, universities and trade schools nationwide based on a survey of college policies, recruiting and retention efforts.
Derek Blumke, president of Student Veterans of America and a member of the list’s Academic Advisory Board, said the list proves beneficial to veterans who use it. “The Military-Friendly Schools list is the gold standard in letting veterans know which schools will offer them the greatest opportunity, flexibility and overall experience. It’s especially important now with so many schools competing for military students.”
The list was compiled through exhaustive research starting last April during which G.I. Jobs polled more than 7,000 schools nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90