Magazine names MGCCC ‘Military Friendly’
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College was named a Military Friendly School for 2011 by G.I. Jobs magazine.
This honor ranks Gulf Coast in the top 15 percent of all colleges, universities and trade schools nationwide based on a survey of college policies, recruiting and retention efforts.
Derek Blumke, president of Student Veterans of America and a member of the list’s Academic Advisory Board, said the list proves beneficial to veterans who use it. “The Military-Friendly Schools list is the gold standard in letting veterans know which schools will offer them the greatest opportunity, flexibility and overall experience. It’s especially important now with so many schools competing for military students.”
The list was compiled through exhaustive research starting last April during which G.I. Jobs polled more than 7,000 schools nationwide.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn