Toyota begins hiring Blue Springs workers
by Associated Press
Published: August 24,2010
BLUE SPRINGS — The Toyota plant in Northeast Mississippi is accepting applications for hourly production and skilled maintenance jobs.
The plant at Blue Springs is scheduled to open in the fall of 2011, making the Corolla sedan. Toyota has said the plant will have about 2,000 employees once it hits full operation in 2012.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security is handling online applications for the Toyota jobs.
David Copenhaver, vice president of administration at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc., said the start of hiring for hourly jobs is a “milestone.”
Last month, about 5,000 people applied for 37 salaried positions at the plant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions