Toyota begins hiring Blue Springs workers
by Associated Press
Published: August 24,2010
BLUE SPRINGS — The Toyota plant in Northeast Mississippi is accepting applications for hourly production and skilled maintenance jobs.
The plant at Blue Springs is scheduled to open in the fall of 2011, making the Corolla sedan. Toyota has said the plant will have about 2,000 employees once it hits full operation in 2012.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security is handling online applications for the Toyota jobs.
David Copenhaver, vice president of administration at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc., said the start of hiring for hourly jobs is a “milestone.”
Last month, about 5,000 people applied for 37 salaried positions at the plant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years