Toyota begins hiring Blue Springs workers
Published: August 24,2010
BLUE SPRINGS — The Toyota plant in Northeast Mississippi is accepting applications for hourly production and skilled maintenance jobs.
The plant at Blue Springs is scheduled to open in the fall of 2011, making the Corolla sedan. Toyota has said the plant will have about 2,000 employees once it hits full operation in 2012.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security is handling online applications for the Toyota jobs.
David Copenhaver, vice president of administration at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc., said the start of hiring for hourly jobs is a “milestone.”
Last month, about 5,000 people applied for 37 salaried positions at the plant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal