Toyota begins hiring Blue Springs workers
Published: August 24,2010
BLUE SPRINGS — The Toyota plant in Northeast Mississippi is accepting applications for hourly production and skilled maintenance jobs.
The plant at Blue Springs is scheduled to open in the fall of 2011, making the Corolla sedan. Toyota has said the plant will have about 2,000 employees once it hits full operation in 2012.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security is handling online applications for the Toyota jobs.
David Copenhaver, vice president of administration at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc., said the start of hiring for hourly jobs is a “milestone.”
Last month, about 5,000 people applied for 37 salaried positions at the plant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant