Toyota begins hiring Blue Springs workers
Published: August 24,2010
BLUE SPRINGS — The Toyota plant in Northeast Mississippi is accepting applications for hourly production and skilled maintenance jobs.
The plant at Blue Springs is scheduled to open in the fall of 2011, making the Corolla sedan. Toyota has said the plant will have about 2,000 employees once it hits full operation in 2012.
The Mississippi Department of Employment Security is handling online applications for the Toyota jobs.
David Copenhaver, vice president of administration at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi Inc., said the start of hiring for hourly jobs is a “milestone.”
Last month, about 5,000 people applied for 37 salaried positions at the plant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation