VA offering assistance to veterans impacted by oil spill
by Wally Northway
Published: August 24,2010
MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST — Veterans in the Gulf States impacted by the recent oil spill may qualify for delayed mortgage payments if their mortgages are already guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki said that several mortgage companies have already announced plans to waive late payment charges and suspend negative reporting to credit bureaus on affected borrowers. VA is asking all mortgage companies to follow this example.
VA has information on its website, www.homeloans.va.gov, that provides basic guidance for veterans affected by a major disaster. Veterans in need of mortgage counseling may also contact their nearest VA regional loan center at 1-877-827-3702 for help and information, regardless of whether or not they have a VA home loan.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county