BorgWarner adding new jobs in Water Valley
WATER VALLEY — Auto parts maker BorgWarner Drivetrain Systems has announced it will expand its operation in Water Valley, adding 120 new jobs by the end of 2012.
Currently, the facility employs 300 workers.
John Sanderson, president and general manager of BorgWarner Drivetrain, says the company will introduce a new generation of transmission controls, known as mini direct-acting solenoids, to the production lineup at Water Valley facility.
He says the company expects to add two new production lines to the facility over the next three years.
In addition, BorgWarner plans to continue supplying Chrysler LLC and General Motors with transmission solenoids and control modules already produced at the facility.
BorgWarner Drivetrain Systems is part of BorgWarner Inc. of Auburn Hills, Mich.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “BorgWarner adding new jobs in Water Valley”
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training
- MDA to close all its regional offices