BorgWarner adding new jobs in Water Valley
WATER VALLEY — Auto parts maker BorgWarner Drivetrain Systems has announced it will expand its operation in Water Valley, adding 120 new jobs by the end of 2012.
Currently, the facility employs 300 workers.
John Sanderson, president and general manager of BorgWarner Drivetrain, says the company will introduce a new generation of transmission controls, known as mini direct-acting solenoids, to the production lineup at Water Valley facility.
He says the company expects to add two new production lines to the facility over the next three years.
In addition, BorgWarner plans to continue supplying Chrysler LLC and General Motors with transmission solenoids and control modules already produced at the facility.
BorgWarner Drivetrain Systems is part of BorgWarner Inc. of Auburn Hills, Mich.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “BorgWarner adding new jobs in Water Valley”
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations