BorgWarner adding new jobs in Water Valley
WATER VALLEY — Auto parts maker BorgWarner Drivetrain Systems has announced it will expand its operation in Water Valley, adding 120 new jobs by the end of 2012.
Currently, the facility employs 300 workers.
John Sanderson, president and general manager of BorgWarner Drivetrain, says the company will introduce a new generation of transmission controls, known as mini direct-acting solenoids, to the production lineup at Water Valley facility.
He says the company expects to add two new production lines to the facility over the next three years.
In addition, BorgWarner plans to continue supplying Chrysler LLC and General Motors with transmission solenoids and control modules already produced at the facility.
BorgWarner Drivetrain Systems is part of BorgWarner Inc. of Auburn Hills, Mich.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “BorgWarner adding new jobs in Water Valley”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November