BorgWarner adding new jobs in Water Valley
WATER VALLEY — Auto parts maker BorgWarner Drivetrain Systems has announced it will expand its operation in Water Valley, adding 120 new jobs by the end of 2012.
Currently, the facility employs 300 workers.
John Sanderson, president and general manager of BorgWarner Drivetrain, says the company will introduce a new generation of transmission controls, known as mini direct-acting solenoids, to the production lineup at Water Valley facility.
He says the company expects to add two new production lines to the facility over the next three years.
In addition, BorgWarner plans to continue supplying Chrysler LLC and General Motors with transmission solenoids and control modules already produced at the facility.
BorgWarner Drivetrain Systems is part of BorgWarner Inc. of Auburn Hills, Mich.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “BorgWarner adding new jobs in Water Valley”
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending