Ex-city utility clerks indicted for embezzling
by Associated Press
Published: August 25,2010
COLLINS — According to State Auditor Stacey Pickering, Rachel Jones and Tracey Posey have been indicted for embezzling funds from the City of Collins.
Allegedly, the former city utility clerks set up a scheme to receive utility services provided by the City with no intentions to pay for the services.
“Our investigation indicates that these individuals accomplished this embezzlement scheme by using the city provided water, electricity, cable and garbage while not paying the bill for the usage of these utilities,” said Pickering.
Jones was employed by the City of Collins as deputy city clerk for approximately 16 years, and Posey served as the city’s utility clerk since June 2005. Both Jones and Posey were terminated Feb. 23, 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge