Ex-city utility clerks indicted for embezzling
Published: August 25,2010
COLLINS — According to State Auditor Stacey Pickering, Rachel Jones and Tracey Posey have been indicted for embezzling funds from the City of Collins.
Allegedly, the former city utility clerks set up a scheme to receive utility services provided by the City with no intentions to pay for the services.
“Our investigation indicates that these individuals accomplished this embezzlement scheme by using the city provided water, electricity, cable and garbage while not paying the bill for the usage of these utilities,” said Pickering.
Jones was employed by the City of Collins as deputy city clerk for approximately 16 years, and Posey served as the city’s utility clerk since June 2005. Both Jones and Posey were terminated Feb. 23, 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Owner of former hospital given deadline
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record