Ex-city utility clerks indicted for embezzling
Published: August 25,2010
COLLINS — According to State Auditor Stacey Pickering, Rachel Jones and Tracey Posey have been indicted for embezzling funds from the City of Collins.
Allegedly, the former city utility clerks set up a scheme to receive utility services provided by the City with no intentions to pay for the services.
“Our investigation indicates that these individuals accomplished this embezzlement scheme by using the city provided water, electricity, cable and garbage while not paying the bill for the usage of these utilities,” said Pickering.
Jones was employed by the City of Collins as deputy city clerk for approximately 16 years, and Posey served as the city’s utility clerk since June 2005. Both Jones and Posey were terminated Feb. 23, 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status