Grocery to open in South Jackson
Published: August 25,2010
Vowell’s Marketplace has signed a lease for the old Kroger building at Raymond and McDowell roads in South Jackson. The company plans to open a new grocery store in October which will employ 50 people and generate an estimated $9 million in sales taxes annually. Last week the Jackson City Council has approved a $50,000 grant to support the project which will serve an area in dire need of a grocery store.
John Michael Holtmann of Duckworth Realty represented Vowell’s. Jeff Kimbrell of The Shopping Center Group LLC represented the landlord. The building’s owner is an affiliate of Tower Capital LLC, a California-based Investment company.
Vowell’s Marketplace is Mississippi family owned business founded in 1945. The company employs 460 people, with eight stores in Mississippi and one in Alabama. The Raymond store will be its tenth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “Grocery to open in South Jackson”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal