Grocery to open in South Jackson
Published: August 25,2010
Vowell’s Marketplace has signed a lease for the old Kroger building at Raymond and McDowell roads in South Jackson. The company plans to open a new grocery store in October which will employ 50 people and generate an estimated $9 million in sales taxes annually. Last week the Jackson City Council has approved a $50,000 grant to support the project which will serve an area in dire need of a grocery store.
John Michael Holtmann of Duckworth Realty represented Vowell’s. Jeff Kimbrell of The Shopping Center Group LLC represented the landlord. The building’s owner is an affiliate of Tower Capital LLC, a California-based Investment company.
Vowell’s Marketplace is Mississippi family owned business founded in 1945. The company employs 460 people, with eight stores in Mississippi and one in Alabama. The Raymond store will be its tenth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “Grocery to open in South Jackson”
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts