Grocery to open in South Jackson
Published: August 25,2010
Vowell’s Marketplace has signed a lease for the old Kroger building at Raymond and McDowell roads in South Jackson. The company plans to open a new grocery store in October which will employ 50 people and generate an estimated $9 million in sales taxes annually. Last week the Jackson City Council has approved a $50,000 grant to support the project which will serve an area in dire need of a grocery store.
John Michael Holtmann of Duckworth Realty represented Vowell’s. Jeff Kimbrell of The Shopping Center Group LLC represented the landlord. The building’s owner is an affiliate of Tower Capital LLC, a California-based Investment company.
Vowell’s Marketplace is Mississippi family owned business founded in 1945. The company employs 460 people, with eight stores in Mississippi and one in Alabama. The Raymond store will be its tenth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “Grocery to open in South Jackson”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues