Grocery to open in South Jackson
Published: August 25,2010
Vowell’s Marketplace has signed a lease for the old Kroger building at Raymond and McDowell roads in South Jackson. The company plans to open a new grocery store in October which will employ 50 people and generate an estimated $9 million in sales taxes annually. Last week the Jackson City Council has approved a $50,000 grant to support the project which will serve an area in dire need of a grocery store.
John Michael Holtmann of Duckworth Realty represented Vowell’s. Jeff Kimbrell of The Shopping Center Group LLC represented the landlord. The building’s owner is an affiliate of Tower Capital LLC, a California-based Investment company.
Vowell’s Marketplace is Mississippi family owned business founded in 1945. The company employs 460 people, with eight stores in Mississippi and one in Alabama. The Raymond store will be its tenth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “Grocery to open in South Jackson”
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years