Grocery to open in South Jackson
Published: August 25,2010
Vowell’s Marketplace has signed a lease for the old Kroger building at Raymond and McDowell roads in South Jackson. The company plans to open a new grocery store in October which will employ 50 people and generate an estimated $9 million in sales taxes annually. Last week the Jackson City Council has approved a $50,000 grant to support the project which will serve an area in dire need of a grocery store.
John Michael Holtmann of Duckworth Realty represented Vowell’s. Jeff Kimbrell of The Shopping Center Group LLC represented the landlord. The building’s owner is an affiliate of Tower Capital LLC, a California-based Investment company.
Vowell’s Marketplace is Mississippi family owned business founded in 1945. The company employs 460 people, with eight stores in Mississippi and one in Alabama. The Raymond store will be its tenth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “Grocery to open in South Jackson”
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87