Florida trade group offering legal help to oil spill victims
by Associated Press
Published: August 26,2010
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association is offering legal representation to members waiting on BP compensation for losses related to the Gulf oil spill.
The group said yesterday it has partnered with three law firms to represent hoteliers and restaurateurs who have seen claims delayed or denied. The group will also host briefings on the claims process with attorneys.
The head of the Restaurant and Lodging Association says businesses everywhere have been affected — even far from the oil — by consumer perception the whole state is awash in crude.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data