Florida trade group offering legal help to oil spill victims
Published: August 26,2010
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association is offering legal representation to members waiting on BP compensation for losses related to the Gulf oil spill.
The group said yesterday it has partnered with three law firms to represent hoteliers and restaurateurs who have seen claims delayed or denied. The group will also host briefings on the claims process with attorneys.
The head of the Restaurant and Lodging Association says businesses everywhere have been affected — even far from the oil — by consumer perception the whole state is awash in crude.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image