Florida trade group offering legal help to oil spill victims
by Associated Press
Published: August 26,2010
ORLANDO, Fla. — The Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association is offering legal representation to members waiting on BP compensation for losses related to the Gulf oil spill.
The group said yesterday it has partnered with three law firms to represent hoteliers and restaurateurs who have seen claims delayed or denied. The group will also host briefings on the claims process with attorneys.
The head of the Restaurant and Lodging Association says businesses everywhere have been affected — even far from the oil — by consumer perception the whole state is awash in crude.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge