Security Credit makes Inc. 500 for third time
OXFORD — Inc. magazine has ranked Security Credit Services, LLC, number 48 on its 29th-annual Inc. 500, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
The announcement of Security Credit Service’s inclusion on the list is not the first time the company’s founders have been recognized by the magazine. Security Check’s rapid growth landed it on the Inc. 500 list twice – first in 2001 and again in 2002. The firm, which was founded by college friends William Alias III and John Lewis, was the fourth-largest check collection company in the nation when it was sold to a private equity group in 2008.
Since its inception, Security Credit Services has become one of the top five debt purchasers in the United States and has grown by 4,696.1 percent over the last three years. Currently, it manages portfolios of debt worth approximately $2 billion.
“The great thing about experiencing this rapid growth is that our need for exceptional employees increases too, thus creating jobs within the community. We’re very proud of that aspect, especially considering the current state of the economy,” said COO Joan Rasberry.
The company is headquartered in Oxford, and has an office in Atlanta.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency