Security Credit makes Inc. 500 for third time
OXFORD — Inc. magazine has ranked Security Credit Services, LLC, number 48 on its 29th-annual Inc. 500, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
The announcement of Security Credit Service’s inclusion on the list is not the first time the company’s founders have been recognized by the magazine. Security Check’s rapid growth landed it on the Inc. 500 list twice – first in 2001 and again in 2002. The firm, which was founded by college friends William Alias III and John Lewis, was the fourth-largest check collection company in the nation when it was sold to a private equity group in 2008.
Since its inception, Security Credit Services has become one of the top five debt purchasers in the United States and has grown by 4,696.1 percent over the last three years. Currently, it manages portfolios of debt worth approximately $2 billion.
“The great thing about experiencing this rapid growth is that our need for exceptional employees increases too, thus creating jobs within the community. We’re very proud of that aspect, especially considering the current state of the economy,” said COO Joan Rasberry.
The company is headquartered in Oxford, and has an office in Atlanta.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19