Security Credit makes Inc. 500 for third time
OXFORD — Inc. magazine has ranked Security Credit Services, LLC, number 48 on its 29th-annual Inc. 500, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
The announcement of Security Credit Service’s inclusion on the list is not the first time the company’s founders have been recognized by the magazine. Security Check’s rapid growth landed it on the Inc. 500 list twice – first in 2001 and again in 2002. The firm, which was founded by college friends William Alias III and John Lewis, was the fourth-largest check collection company in the nation when it was sold to a private equity group in 2008.
Since its inception, Security Credit Services has become one of the top five debt purchasers in the United States and has grown by 4,696.1 percent over the last three years. Currently, it manages portfolios of debt worth approximately $2 billion.
“The great thing about experiencing this rapid growth is that our need for exceptional employees increases too, thus creating jobs within the community. We’re very proud of that aspect, especially considering the current state of the economy,” said COO Joan Rasberry.
The company is headquartered in Oxford, and has an office in Atlanta.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators