State’s unemployment rate balloons to 11.5 percent
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Mississippi’s unemployment rate for July rose to 11.5 percent.
The jobless rate was 11.1 percent in June and 10.4 percent in July 2009.
Figures were released yesterday by the Mississippi Department of Employment Security.
For July, only 21 counties in Mississippi posted unemployment rates less than or equal to the state’s rate of 11.5 percent. Rankin County posted the lowest unemployment rate for the month of July at 6.9 percent followed by Lamar County at 8.0 percent.
Twenty-four counties reported rates greater than or equal to 15.0 percent with four counties reporting rates greater than 20.0 percent.
Holmes County had the highest unemployment rate for July at 22.7 percent followed by Noxubee County at 22.4 percent.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters