Choice of hospitals is best for Madison County
by For the MBJ
Published: August 29,2010
I want a choice.
I have been following the CON for several months. I have moved here from Tennessee and watched the same thing transpire in Memphis, Germantown, Collierville and Olive Branch, Miss. The main thing I can say is competition is good. It will make HMA step up to the plate and perform the way that it should and it will make St. Dominic do an upscale job.
I live in Madison County and, trust me, there are plenty of people to support two hospitals. The other thing is, it is one of the fastest growing counties in the state. “If you build it they will come.” This saying is true with Kroger’s, churches and hospitals.
The sad thing is HMA has already had a hospital in Madison County and has failed at providing a decent form of care. Allow another hospital to come into town and it will make both perform in an upscale and competitive manner with their patient care, along with insurance contract negotiations. It will be a winning situation for the Madison County population.
In Rankin County there are thee hospitals … and all three are busy and offering a choice for the Rankin County population.
Please be fair to us in Madison County who want a to have a choice in our medical care.
Taffy O. Teeter
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option