Dugan rakes in the honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2010
University of Southern Mississippi accounting professor Michael Dugan, who joined the faculty in June, has received the 2010 “Best Paper” Award for his co-authored article that appeared in the Dec. 2009 issue of the American Accounting Association (AAA) journal “Accounting Horizons.”
On top of that, Dugan recently learned that he is ranked among the top five percent of the most prolific accounting researchers over the past 50 years, according to a study conducted by finance professor Jean Heck at St. Joseph’s University.
In his 28-year career, Dugan has published approximately 45 articles related to accounting research. His primary focus involves the relationship between accounting information and stock prices — particularly the ability of accounting data to predict bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds