Dugan rakes in the honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2010
University of Southern Mississippi accounting professor Michael Dugan, who joined the faculty in June, has received the 2010 “Best Paper” Award for his co-authored article that appeared in the Dec. 2009 issue of the American Accounting Association (AAA) journal “Accounting Horizons.”
On top of that, Dugan recently learned that he is ranked among the top five percent of the most prolific accounting researchers over the past 50 years, according to a study conducted by finance professor Jean Heck at St. Joseph’s University.
In his 28-year career, Dugan has published approximately 45 articles related to accounting research. His primary focus involves the relationship between accounting information and stock prices — particularly the ability of accounting data to predict bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency