Dugan rakes in the honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2010
University of Southern Mississippi accounting professor Michael Dugan, who joined the faculty in June, has received the 2010 “Best Paper” Award for his co-authored article that appeared in the Dec. 2009 issue of the American Accounting Association (AAA) journal “Accounting Horizons.”
On top of that, Dugan recently learned that he is ranked among the top five percent of the most prolific accounting researchers over the past 50 years, according to a study conducted by finance professor Jean Heck at St. Joseph’s University.
In his 28-year career, Dugan has published approximately 45 articles related to accounting research. His primary focus involves the relationship between accounting information and stock prices — particularly the ability of accounting data to predict bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur