Dugan rakes in the honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2010
University of Southern Mississippi accounting professor Michael Dugan, who joined the faculty in June, has received the 2010 “Best Paper” Award for his co-authored article that appeared in the Dec. 2009 issue of the American Accounting Association (AAA) journal “Accounting Horizons.”
On top of that, Dugan recently learned that he is ranked among the top five percent of the most prolific accounting researchers over the past 50 years, according to a study conducted by finance professor Jean Heck at St. Joseph’s University.
In his 28-year career, Dugan has published approximately 45 articles related to accounting research. His primary focus involves the relationship between accounting information and stock prices — particularly the ability of accounting data to predict bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics