Dugan rakes in the honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2010
University of Southern Mississippi accounting professor Michael Dugan, who joined the faculty in June, has received the 2010 “Best Paper” Award for his co-authored article that appeared in the Dec. 2009 issue of the American Accounting Association (AAA) journal “Accounting Horizons.”
On top of that, Dugan recently learned that he is ranked among the top five percent of the most prolific accounting researchers over the past 50 years, according to a study conducted by finance professor Jean Heck at St. Joseph’s University.
In his 28-year career, Dugan has published approximately 45 articles related to accounting research. His primary focus involves the relationship between accounting information and stock prices — particularly the ability of accounting data to predict bankruptcy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren