Dunbar named law school’s best
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2010
Jack Dunbar has been named the 2010 Alumnus of the Year of the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Co-founder of Holcomb Dunbar, P.A., of Oxford, the honoree was also recently presented the Mississippi Bar Foundation’s 2010 Professionalism Award. Considered the organization’s highest honor, the accolade is given to an attorney whose life, practice and service display outstanding character and integrity.
An Indianola native, Dunbar earned his bachelor’s in political science at Millsaps College before enrolling in the Georgetown University School of Law. He later transferred to the UM law school, where he was a member of the Mississippi Law Journal and served as student body president before graduating at the top of his class.
After earning his juris doctor degree, Dunbar began his legal career in the Mississippi Delta. Later, he returned to Oxford and established his own practice. He has been included in every issue of “The Best Lawyers in America” since its inception and has been selected as one of the top 50 lawyers in Mississippi by Mid-South Super Lawyers.
Dunbar has served as president of both the Mississippi Bar and the Southern Conference of Bar Presidents. While serving as the state’s delegate to the American Bar Association House of Delegates, he was a member of the ABA Board of Governors and chaired the Operations Committee. Dunbar is also a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the American Bar Foundation and the Mississippi Bar Foundation.
For his role in helping negotiate a contract between Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. and the Lafayette County Community Hospital, Dunbar was awarded the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce’s Citizen of the Year Award in 1990.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years