Dunbar named law school’s best
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2010
Jack Dunbar has been named the 2010 Alumnus of the Year of the University of Mississippi School of Law.
Co-founder of Holcomb Dunbar, P.A., of Oxford, the honoree was also recently presented the Mississippi Bar Foundation’s 2010 Professionalism Award. Considered the organization’s highest honor, the accolade is given to an attorney whose life, practice and service display outstanding character and integrity.
An Indianola native, Dunbar earned his bachelor’s in political science at Millsaps College before enrolling in the Georgetown University School of Law. He later transferred to the UM law school, where he was a member of the Mississippi Law Journal and served as student body president before graduating at the top of his class.
After earning his juris doctor degree, Dunbar began his legal career in the Mississippi Delta. Later, he returned to Oxford and established his own practice. He has been included in every issue of “The Best Lawyers in America” since its inception and has been selected as one of the top 50 lawyers in Mississippi by Mid-South Super Lawyers.
Dunbar has served as president of both the Mississippi Bar and the Southern Conference of Bar Presidents. While serving as the state’s delegate to the American Bar Association House of Delegates, he was a member of the ABA Board of Governors and chaired the Operations Committee. Dunbar is also a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, the American Bar Foundation and the Mississippi Bar Foundation.
For his role in helping negotiate a contract between Baptist Memorial Health Care Corp. and the Lafayette County Community Hospital, Dunbar was awarded the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce’s Citizen of the Year Award in 1990.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip