Tyler honored for maintaining certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 29,2010
Donald Tyler, an EMT-B with Delta Regional Medical Center (DRMC), was recently recognized by the board of directors of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for achieving 20 consecutive years as a nationally registered EMT. This distinction is an honor held by few EMTs.
To maintain his status as a nationally registered EMT, Tyler completed, on a biennial basis, the most comprehensive recertification program for emergency medical technicians in America. He not only completed courses to refresh his fundamental knowledge and skills, but also attended a minimum of two hours per month of additional continuing education courses to advance his knowledge of new lifesaving skills.
Tyler was nationally registered as an EMT-B in 1990 and has been serving the Washington County community since that time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain