Viking Range laying off more workers
Published: August 30,2010
GREENWOOD — A Viking Range Corp. executive confirms that the upscale appliance manufacturer has laid off 18 more workers in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth says Bill Crump, Viking’s director of government affairs and executive assistant to the president, confirmed the layoffs late last week in a one-sentence e-mail.
He said most of the workers were temporary and the layoffs were due to the seasonal nature of some of the company’s product lines.
A week earlier, the company said a shortage of orders had forced 20 layoffs.
Viking has slashed about 350 jobs — almost a quarter of its workforce — since April 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity