Viking Range laying off more workers
Published: August 30,2010
GREENWOOD — A Viking Range Corp. executive confirms that the upscale appliance manufacturer has laid off 18 more workers in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth says Bill Crump, Viking’s director of government affairs and executive assistant to the president, confirmed the layoffs late last week in a one-sentence e-mail.
He said most of the workers were temporary and the layoffs were due to the seasonal nature of some of the company’s product lines.
A week earlier, the company said a shortage of orders had forced 20 layoffs.
Viking has slashed about 350 jobs — almost a quarter of its workforce — since April 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO