Viking Range laying off more workers
Published: August 30,2010
GREENWOOD — A Viking Range Corp. executive confirms that the upscale appliance manufacturer has laid off 18 more workers in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth says Bill Crump, Viking’s director of government affairs and executive assistant to the president, confirmed the layoffs late last week in a one-sentence e-mail.
He said most of the workers were temporary and the layoffs were due to the seasonal nature of some of the company’s product lines.
A week earlier, the company said a shortage of orders had forced 20 layoffs.
Viking has slashed about 350 jobs — almost a quarter of its workforce — since April 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions