Viking Range laying off more workers
Published: August 30,2010
GREENWOOD — A Viking Range Corp. executive confirms that the upscale appliance manufacturer has laid off 18 more workers in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth says Bill Crump, Viking’s director of government affairs and executive assistant to the president, confirmed the layoffs late last week in a one-sentence e-mail.
He said most of the workers were temporary and the layoffs were due to the seasonal nature of some of the company’s product lines.
A week earlier, the company said a shortage of orders had forced 20 layoffs.
Viking has slashed about 350 jobs — almost a quarter of its workforce — since April 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval