Viking Range laying off more workers
Published: August 30,2010
GREENWOOD — A Viking Range Corp. executive confirms that the upscale appliance manufacturer has laid off 18 more workers in Greenwood.
The Greenwood Commonwealth says Bill Crump, Viking’s director of government affairs and executive assistant to the president, confirmed the layoffs late last week in a one-sentence e-mail.
He said most of the workers were temporary and the layoffs were due to the seasonal nature of some of the company’s product lines.
A week earlier, the company said a shortage of orders had forced 20 layoffs.
Viking has slashed about 350 jobs — almost a quarter of its workforce — since April 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)