CSXT, state enter railway security partnership
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — CSX Transportation (CSXT) has entered into a rail security partnership with the State of Mississippi, which represents a model CSXT successfully uses with other states.
Terms were not disclosed.
The partnership, called SecureNOW, formalizes and enhances CSXT’s ongoing commitment to share information, resources,and strategies to better protect communities in which the company operates. CSXT also has partnerships with several other states.
SecureNOW becomes another resource where state, federal and local agencies work together to evaluate and act upon potential security threats. The partnership further enhances law enforcement and homeland security efforts.
The SecureNOW partnership provides security officials with access to CSXT’s Network Operations Workstation (NOW) system. This secure online system, developed and used by CSXT, allows security and law enforcement officials to independently track the location of CSXT trains and the contents of rail cars in a nearly real-time environment.
In addition to providing access to the NOW system, CSXT works with law enforcement officials on joint rail security training and preparedness exercises, and provides around-the-clock access to CSXT rail security professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments