CSXT, state enter railway security partnership
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — CSX Transportation (CSXT) has entered into a rail security partnership with the State of Mississippi, which represents a model CSXT successfully uses with other states.
Terms were not disclosed.
The partnership, called SecureNOW, formalizes and enhances CSXT’s ongoing commitment to share information, resources,and strategies to better protect communities in which the company operates. CSXT also has partnerships with several other states.
SecureNOW becomes another resource where state, federal and local agencies work together to evaluate and act upon potential security threats. The partnership further enhances law enforcement and homeland security efforts.
The SecureNOW partnership provides security officials with access to CSXT’s Network Operations Workstation (NOW) system. This secure online system, developed and used by CSXT, allows security and law enforcement officials to independently track the location of CSXT trains and the contents of rail cars in a nearly real-time environment.
In addition to providing access to the NOW system, CSXT works with law enforcement officials on joint rail security training and preparedness exercises, and provides around-the-clock access to CSXT rail security professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location