CSXT, state enter railway security partnership
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — CSX Transportation (CSXT) has entered into a rail security partnership with the State of Mississippi, which represents a model CSXT successfully uses with other states.
Terms were not disclosed.
The partnership, called SecureNOW, formalizes and enhances CSXT’s ongoing commitment to share information, resources,and strategies to better protect communities in which the company operates. CSXT also has partnerships with several other states.
SecureNOW becomes another resource where state, federal and local agencies work together to evaluate and act upon potential security threats. The partnership further enhances law enforcement and homeland security efforts.
The SecureNOW partnership provides security officials with access to CSXT’s Network Operations Workstation (NOW) system. This secure online system, developed and used by CSXT, allows security and law enforcement officials to independently track the location of CSXT trains and the contents of rail cars in a nearly real-time environment.
In addition to providing access to the NOW system, CSXT works with law enforcement officials on joint rail security training and preparedness exercises, and provides around-the-clock access to CSXT rail security professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money