CSXT, state enter railway security partnership
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — CSX Transportation (CSXT) has entered into a rail security partnership with the State of Mississippi, which represents a model CSXT successfully uses with other states.
Terms were not disclosed.
The partnership, called SecureNOW, formalizes and enhances CSXT’s ongoing commitment to share information, resources,and strategies to better protect communities in which the company operates. CSXT also has partnerships with several other states.
SecureNOW becomes another resource where state, federal and local agencies work together to evaluate and act upon potential security threats. The partnership further enhances law enforcement and homeland security efforts.
The SecureNOW partnership provides security officials with access to CSXT’s Network Operations Workstation (NOW) system. This secure online system, developed and used by CSXT, allows security and law enforcement officials to independently track the location of CSXT trains and the contents of rail cars in a nearly real-time environment.
In addition to providing access to the NOW system, CSXT works with law enforcement officials on joint rail security training and preparedness exercises, and provides around-the-clock access to CSXT rail security professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus