CSXT, state enter railway security partnership
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — CSX Transportation (CSXT) has entered into a rail security partnership with the State of Mississippi, which represents a model CSXT successfully uses with other states.
Terms were not disclosed.
The partnership, called SecureNOW, formalizes and enhances CSXT’s ongoing commitment to share information, resources,and strategies to better protect communities in which the company operates. CSXT also has partnerships with several other states.
SecureNOW becomes another resource where state, federal and local agencies work together to evaluate and act upon potential security threats. The partnership further enhances law enforcement and homeland security efforts.
The SecureNOW partnership provides security officials with access to CSXT’s Network Operations Workstation (NOW) system. This secure online system, developed and used by CSXT, allows security and law enforcement officials to independently track the location of CSXT trains and the contents of rail cars in a nearly real-time environment.
In addition to providing access to the NOW system, CSXT works with law enforcement officials on joint rail security training and preparedness exercises, and provides around-the-clock access to CSXT rail security professionals.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month