MDA reopens ARRA-funded appliance rebate program
JACKSON — The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) has reopened for additional consumer reservations the State Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program (SEEARP), a first-come, first-served program encouraging Mississippians to replace old, inefficient appliances with new energy-efficient ENERGY STAR-qualified appliances.
The SEEARP, funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, kicked off April 22, and within two months 100 percent of the funds allocated for the program had been reserved. This sent the program into a waiting list phase to help ensure unredeemed funds could be transferred to other interested consumers.
Many rebate reservations were not redeemed, and as a result, approximately $400,000 in rebate funds are still available to eligible, interested parties.
“The SEEARP has been a great success since it opened in April, with over 30,000 rebates reserved to date. We are excited to reopen the program to ensure remaining funds are distributed to individuals who have not had the opportunity to take advantage of the program yet,” said Karen Bishop, MDA stimulus director. “We have scheduled the program’s re-launch to coincide with Labor Day holiday sales at appliance retail stores around the state, so consumers have the opportunity to save even more on the purchase of eligible, energy-efficient appliances.”
Mississippians can check the amount of program funds remaining, view a list of eligible appliances and apply for a rebate by visiting www.mississippirebate.com or by calling toll-free 1-877-304-4451.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'