Hosemann calls for closer ties with Israel
Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says the state should strengthen culture and economic ties with Israel.
Hosemann met yesterday in Jackson with Opher Aviran, Israel’s new consul general to the southeastern United States.
During a news conference at the state Capitol, Hosemann and Aviran talked about Stark Aerospace, a subsidiary of Israeli Aerospace Industries. The company employs about 115 people at a factory that manufactures military drones in Columbus.
Aviran says the plant is a “win-win” because it created new jobs in the U.S. without taking jobs from Israel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction