Hosemann calls for closer ties with Israel
Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says the state should strengthen culture and economic ties with Israel.
Hosemann met yesterday in Jackson with Opher Aviran, Israel’s new consul general to the southeastern United States.
During a news conference at the state Capitol, Hosemann and Aviran talked about Stark Aerospace, a subsidiary of Israeli Aerospace Industries. The company employs about 115 people at a factory that manufactures military drones in Columbus.
Aviran says the plant is a “win-win” because it created new jobs in the U.S. without taking jobs from Israel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey