Hosemann calls for closer ties with Israel
Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says the state should strengthen culture and economic ties with Israel.
Hosemann met yesterday in Jackson with Opher Aviran, Israel’s new consul general to the southeastern United States.
During a news conference at the state Capitol, Hosemann and Aviran talked about Stark Aerospace, a subsidiary of Israeli Aerospace Industries. The company employs about 115 people at a factory that manufactures military drones in Columbus.
Aviran says the plant is a “win-win” because it created new jobs in the U.S. without taking jobs from Israel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal