Hosemann calls for closer ties with Israel
Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says the state should strengthen culture and economic ties with Israel.
Hosemann met yesterday in Jackson with Opher Aviran, Israel’s new consul general to the southeastern United States.
During a news conference at the state Capitol, Hosemann and Aviran talked about Stark Aerospace, a subsidiary of Israeli Aerospace Industries. The company employs about 115 people at a factory that manufactures military drones in Columbus.
Aviran says the plant is a “win-win” because it created new jobs in the U.S. without taking jobs from Israel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program