Hosemann calls for closer ties with Israel
Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann says the state should strengthen culture and economic ties with Israel.
Hosemann met yesterday in Jackson with Opher Aviran, Israel’s new consul general to the southeastern United States.
During a news conference at the state Capitol, Hosemann and Aviran talked about Stark Aerospace, a subsidiary of Israeli Aerospace Industries. The company employs about 115 people at a factory that manufactures military drones in Columbus.
Aviran says the plant is a “win-win” because it created new jobs in the U.S. without taking jobs from Israel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi