MDES receives 10,000th Toyota job application
Published: September 3,2010
BLUE SPRINGS — Days after opening its online system to Toyota job seekers, the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES) has accepted the 10,000th application.
More than 8,700 Mississippians have applied.
Applications have poured in from 80 counties across the state and from 36 states across the country, according to the MDES.
“The high number of applicants from across the state and country demonstrates that our electronic system provides a convenient way for everyone to apply for Toyota jobs,” MDES executive director Les Range said.
Job seekers can connect to the online application system at www.mdes.ms.gov. Part of an effort to help Toyota fill 1,350 production and maintenance jobs, the system accepts applications 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The recession forced Toyota to push back its plans to open the Blue Springs plant near Tupelo. On Aug.23, Toyota and MDES jointly announced plans to begin accepting applications through the MDES website.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “MDES receives 10,000th Toyota job application”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions