MDES receives 10,000th Toyota job application
Published: September 3,2010
BLUE SPRINGS — Days after opening its online system to Toyota job seekers, the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES) has accepted the 10,000th application.
More than 8,700 Mississippians have applied.
Applications have poured in from 80 counties across the state and from 36 states across the country, according to the MDES.
“The high number of applicants from across the state and country demonstrates that our electronic system provides a convenient way for everyone to apply for Toyota jobs,” MDES executive director Les Range said.
Job seekers can connect to the online application system at www.mdes.ms.gov. Part of an effort to help Toyota fill 1,350 production and maintenance jobs, the system accepts applications 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The recession forced Toyota to push back its plans to open the Blue Springs plant near Tupelo. On Aug.23, Toyota and MDES jointly announced plans to begin accepting applications through the MDES website.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “MDES receives 10,000th Toyota job application”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case