MDES receives 10,000th Toyota job application
Published: September 3,2010
BLUE SPRINGS — Days after opening its online system to Toyota job seekers, the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES) has accepted the 10,000th application.
More than 8,700 Mississippians have applied.
Applications have poured in from 80 counties across the state and from 36 states across the country, according to the MDES.
“The high number of applicants from across the state and country demonstrates that our electronic system provides a convenient way for everyone to apply for Toyota jobs,” MDES executive director Les Range said.
Job seekers can connect to the online application system at www.mdes.ms.gov. Part of an effort to help Toyota fill 1,350 production and maintenance jobs, the system accepts applications 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The recession forced Toyota to push back its plans to open the Blue Springs plant near Tupelo. On Aug.23, Toyota and MDES jointly announced plans to begin accepting applications through the MDES website.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “MDES receives 10,000th Toyota job application”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete