Neel-Schaffer adds Twedt as area manager
Neel-Schaffer Inc. has added another face to its staff of engineers and professionals. Steve Twedt joined the firm as South Mississippi area manager.
Twedt, a long time Mississippi resident, graduated from Mississippi State University in 1986 with a degree in civil engineering. After graduating, Twedt went to work for Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), where he remained employed until his retirement in 2010 after over 23 years of service.
Over the course of his tenure with MDOT, Twedt worked in various positions. Starting out in bridge design, he spent the next few years bridge rating and as a project engineer before moving from Ocean Springs to Gulfport, where he served as resident engineer. After five years in this position, Twedt spent the next 10 years as district construction engineer, followed by a position as district engineer, overseeing all highway construction and maintenance in southeastern Mississippi, which included some 14 counties from Hattiesburg to the Gulf Coast.
Due to extraordinary growth in South Mississippi, Neel-Schaffer wanted to position a senior level officer in the South Mississippi offices to act as an available resource to the expanding offices.
Twedt works out of the firm’s Biloxi office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center