Neel-Schaffer adds Twedt as area manager
Neel-Schaffer Inc. has added another face to its staff of engineers and professionals. Steve Twedt joined the firm as South Mississippi area manager.
Twedt, a long time Mississippi resident, graduated from Mississippi State University in 1986 with a degree in civil engineering. After graduating, Twedt went to work for Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT), where he remained employed until his retirement in 2010 after over 23 years of service.
Over the course of his tenure with MDOT, Twedt worked in various positions. Starting out in bridge design, he spent the next few years bridge rating and as a project engineer before moving from Ocean Springs to Gulfport, where he served as resident engineer. After five years in this position, Twedt spent the next 10 years as district construction engineer, followed by a position as district engineer, overseeing all highway construction and maintenance in southeastern Mississippi, which included some 14 counties from Hattiesburg to the Gulf Coast.
Due to extraordinary growth in South Mississippi, Neel-Schaffer wanted to position a senior level officer in the South Mississippi offices to act as an available resource to the expanding offices.
Twedt works out of the firm’s Biloxi office.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge