MID takes action against poultry inspector
JACKSON — Commissioner of Insurance Mike Chaney announced that the Mississippi Insurance Department (MID) has taken action against Indiana-based agent Timothy Allen Craig, who is also licensed to do business in Mississippi.
In a consent agreement with the department, Craig has refunded approximately $66,500 dollars in policy fees to poultry farmers. The refund, to 500 insureds, was for inspections of poultry facilities that were never performed.
Inspections of poultry facilities are generally required before insurance coverage is issued. Poultry farmers must have each covered building inspected to meet criteria set by the insurance company.
Craig has also paid a $1,000 fine to the MID and his Mississippi license is on probation for one year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction