MID takes action against poultry inspector
JACKSON — Commissioner of Insurance Mike Chaney announced that the Mississippi Insurance Department (MID) has taken action against Indiana-based agent Timothy Allen Craig, who is also licensed to do business in Mississippi.
In a consent agreement with the department, Craig has refunded approximately $66,500 dollars in policy fees to poultry farmers. The refund, to 500 insureds, was for inspections of poultry facilities that were never performed.
Inspections of poultry facilities are generally required before insurance coverage is issued. Poultry farmers must have each covered building inspected to meet criteria set by the insurance company.
Craig has also paid a $1,000 fine to the MID and his Mississippi license is on probation for one year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- ROBERT KHAYAT: Board made a big mistake in not renewing Dan Jones
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway