Community Bank buys Mortgage Consultants
by Wally Northway
Published: September 8,2010
FLOWOOD — Community Bank has purchased Mortgage Consultants Inc. of Flowood for an undisclosed sum.
Mortgage Consultants is a privately-held mortgage company. The 20-year-old business was the highest-rated company in Mississippi in terms of growth for 2002, and ranked 29th overall in the nation, according to Broker Magazine.
Community Bank will be combining its mortgage operations with Mortgage Consultants and operating out of the company’s two-year-old headquarters on Lakeland Drive.
Mortgage Consultants president and CEO Ralph Hays will lead the new mortgage group as president. Sandra Cagle and Kevin Langford, formerly co-owners with Hayes of Mortgage Consultants, will serve as senior vice president and vice president respectively. Community Bank’s Janice Shumaker will also be a senior vice president in the new group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain