Community Bank buys Mortgage Consultants
Published: September 8,2010
FLOWOOD — Community Bank has purchased Mortgage Consultants Inc. of Flowood for an undisclosed sum.
Mortgage Consultants is a privately-held mortgage company. The 20-year-old business was the highest-rated company in Mississippi in terms of growth for 2002, and ranked 29th overall in the nation, according to Broker Magazine.
Community Bank will be combining its mortgage operations with Mortgage Consultants and operating out of the company’s two-year-old headquarters on Lakeland Drive.
Mortgage Consultants president and CEO Ralph Hays will lead the new mortgage group as president. Sandra Cagle and Kevin Langford, formerly co-owners with Hayes of Mortgage Consultants, will serve as senior vice president and vice president respectively. Community Bank’s Janice Shumaker will also be a senior vice president in the new group.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company