Coast harbormaster fired, investigation underway
OCEAN SPRINGS — Ocean Springs harbormaster Lesley Hamm has been fired amid a state auditor’s investigation into how public funds were spent.
The Mississippi Press reports that Jackson County Board of Supervisors president Mike Mangum confirmed that Hamm was fired Tuesday.
Lisa Shoemaker, spokeswoman for the state auditor’s office, told the newspaper that an investigation into misappropriated funds at the Ocean Springs Harbor has begun and involves Hamm.
Shoemaker would not release any further details. She says results of the investigation would be turned over to the district attorney.
Hamm was hired in Dec. 2005.
The harbor is operated by the county. It has a full-time harbormaster to manage the daily operations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders