Coast harbormaster fired, investigation underway
OCEAN SPRINGS — Ocean Springs harbormaster Lesley Hamm has been fired amid a state auditor’s investigation into how public funds were spent.
The Mississippi Press reports that Jackson County Board of Supervisors president Mike Mangum confirmed that Hamm was fired Tuesday.
Lisa Shoemaker, spokeswoman for the state auditor’s office, told the newspaper that an investigation into misappropriated funds at the Ocean Springs Harbor has begun and involves Hamm.
Shoemaker would not release any further details. She says results of the investigation would be turned over to the district attorney.
Hamm was hired in Dec. 2005.
The harbor is operated by the county. It has a full-time harbormaster to manage the daily operations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility