Coast harbormaster fired, investigation underway
OCEAN SPRINGS — Ocean Springs harbormaster Lesley Hamm has been fired amid a state auditor’s investigation into how public funds were spent.
The Mississippi Press reports that Jackson County Board of Supervisors president Mike Mangum confirmed that Hamm was fired Tuesday.
Lisa Shoemaker, spokeswoman for the state auditor’s office, told the newspaper that an investigation into misappropriated funds at the Ocean Springs Harbor has begun and involves Hamm.
Shoemaker would not release any further details. She says results of the investigation would be turned over to the district attorney.
Hamm was hired in Dec. 2005.
The harbor is operated by the county. It has a full-time harbormaster to manage the daily operations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'