Coast harbormaster fired, investigation underway
OCEAN SPRINGS — Ocean Springs harbormaster Lesley Hamm has been fired amid a state auditor’s investigation into how public funds were spent.
The Mississippi Press reports that Jackson County Board of Supervisors president Mike Mangum confirmed that Hamm was fired Tuesday.
Lisa Shoemaker, spokeswoman for the state auditor’s office, told the newspaper that an investigation into misappropriated funds at the Ocean Springs Harbor has begun and involves Hamm.
Shoemaker would not release any further details. She says results of the investigation would be turned over to the district attorney.
Hamm was hired in Dec. 2005.
The harbor is operated by the county. It has a full-time harbormaster to manage the daily operations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state