Coast harbormaster fired, investigation underway
OCEAN SPRINGS — Ocean Springs harbormaster Lesley Hamm has been fired amid a state auditor’s investigation into how public funds were spent.
The Mississippi Press reports that Jackson County Board of Supervisors president Mike Mangum confirmed that Hamm was fired Tuesday.
Lisa Shoemaker, spokeswoman for the state auditor’s office, told the newspaper that an investigation into misappropriated funds at the Ocean Springs Harbor has begun and involves Hamm.
Shoemaker would not release any further details. She says results of the investigation would be turned over to the district attorney.
Hamm was hired in Dec. 2005.
The harbor is operated by the county. It has a full-time harbormaster to manage the daily operations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41