AT&T invests $125M in state this year
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — In just the first six months of this year, AT&T invested nearly $125 million in its wireless and wireline networks to continue improving service for customers in Mississippi.
Upgrades to the AT&T wireless network included new cell sites, expanded mobile broadband coverage and increased 3G capacity. The investment also included upgrades to the AT&T wireline infrastructure, such as expanded AT&T U-verse® services, additional AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots, and extended reach of broadband services.
AT&T Mississippi president Mayo Flint said, “Our investment stimulates the economy and fosters employment for U.S. workers,” Flynt said. “We are proud of that. In fact, AT&T has invested more in the last three years in our networks than any of our U.S. competitors. That creates economic growth across the board. Even in this troubled economy, we plan to invest $18 to $19 billion this year, assuming the regulatory environment remains favorable.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015