McAlister’s names Paci as new president, CEO
Published: September 10,2010
RIDGELAND — McAlister’s Deli has named Frank G. Paci as its new president and CEO effective Sept. 27. He is replacing Phil Friedman.
“We are delighted to welcome Frank as the new leader of McAlister’s Deli. He brings with him a broad range of experience in strategic planning, operations, franchise development and finance,” said Steve Romaniello, member of the board of directors of McAlister’s. “We believe this combination of skills will enable Frank to bring a unique perspective to the leadership of McAlister’s. We could not have hoped to find a better person than Frank to lead McAlister’s Deli into the future.”
Paci joins McAlister’s from The Pantry Inc., a publicly traded convenience store chain where he was executive vice president, CFO and corporate secretary. Paci has more than 25 years of experience working for leading foodservice and retail branded companies, including holding senior roles at Blockbuster, Burger King and Pizza Hut.
Paci received his bachelor’s degree in economics from Yale University and holds an MBA from the University of Pittsburgh’s Katz School of Business.
“I am excited about joining McAlister’s and the opportunity to lead this business,” Paci said. “McAlister’s is a great brand and I look forward to working with the management team and the franchise community to help the company reach new heights.”
“We would like to thank Phil Friedman for all he has done for McAlister’s over the years and we wish him well as he pursues his interests outside of the company,” Romaniello said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand