One Block East bought by California company
Published: September 10,2010
GREENVILLE — A long-time Greenville nightspot has been sold to a California company, and the new owners are mulling plans for its future.
Commercial Realtor Mal Kretschmar, GRI, CRB, RIM, reports that Jet Stream Limited, LLC, of Santa Barbara, Calif., has purchased One Block East. Terms were not disclosed.
One Block East has operated as a bar/lounge/restaurant for approximately 40 years. The venue gets its name from its location — one block east of Lake Ferguson on Washington Avenue in downtown Greenville.
According to Kretschmar, the new owners plan on extensive renovations and remodeling of the approximately 7,126-square-foot building. Other decisions, including whether or not to retain the name One Block East, are still being considered.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015