One Block East bought by California company
by Wally Northway
Published: September 10,2010
GREENVILLE — A long-time Greenville nightspot has been sold to a California company, and the new owners are mulling plans for its future.
Commercial Realtor Mal Kretschmar, GRI, CRB, RIM, reports that Jet Stream Limited, LLC, of Santa Barbara, Calif., has purchased One Block East. Terms were not disclosed.
One Block East has operated as a bar/lounge/restaurant for approximately 40 years. The venue gets its name from its location — one block east of Lake Ferguson on Washington Avenue in downtown Greenville.
According to Kretschmar, the new owners plan on extensive renovations and remodeling of the approximately 7,126-square-foot building. Other decisions, including whether or not to retain the name One Block East, are still being considered.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Running with the big dogs — Hollywood Feed taking small-store feel to national level