One Block East bought by California company
by Wally Northway
Published: September 10,2010
GREENVILLE — A long-time Greenville nightspot has been sold to a California company, and the new owners are mulling plans for its future.
Commercial Realtor Mal Kretschmar, GRI, CRB, RIM, reports that Jet Stream Limited, LLC, of Santa Barbara, Calif., has purchased One Block East. Terms were not disclosed.
One Block East has operated as a bar/lounge/restaurant for approximately 40 years. The venue gets its name from its location — one block east of Lake Ferguson on Washington Avenue in downtown Greenville.
According to Kretschmar, the new owners plan on extensive renovations and remodeling of the approximately 7,126-square-foot building. Other decisions, including whether or not to retain the name One Block East, are still being considered.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State