One Block East bought by California company
Published: September 10,2010
GREENVILLE — A long-time Greenville nightspot has been sold to a California company, and the new owners are mulling plans for its future.
Commercial Realtor Mal Kretschmar, GRI, CRB, RIM, reports that Jet Stream Limited, LLC, of Santa Barbara, Calif., has purchased One Block East. Terms were not disclosed.
One Block East has operated as a bar/lounge/restaurant for approximately 40 years. The venue gets its name from its location — one block east of Lake Ferguson on Washington Avenue in downtown Greenville.
According to Kretschmar, the new owners plan on extensive renovations and remodeling of the approximately 7,126-square-foot building. Other decisions, including whether or not to retain the name One Block East, are still being considered.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves