One Block East bought by California company
Published: September 10,2010
GREENVILLE — A long-time Greenville nightspot has been sold to a California company, and the new owners are mulling plans for its future.
Commercial Realtor Mal Kretschmar, GRI, CRB, RIM, reports that Jet Stream Limited, LLC, of Santa Barbara, Calif., has purchased One Block East. Terms were not disclosed.
One Block East has operated as a bar/lounge/restaurant for approximately 40 years. The venue gets its name from its location — one block east of Lake Ferguson on Washington Avenue in downtown Greenville.
According to Kretschmar, the new owners plan on extensive renovations and remodeling of the approximately 7,126-square-foot building. Other decisions, including whether or not to retain the name One Block East, are still being considered.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location