Renasant Bank entering Columbus market
by Wally Northway
Published: September 10,2010
COLUMBUS — Renasant Bank intends to enter the Columbus-Lowndes County market during the fourth quarter of 2010 with its soon-to-be open location at 905 Main Street in Columbus.
Along with Tupelo-based Renasant’s traditional retail banking activities, its Columbus Main Street location will feature consumer, mortgage and commercial loans, treasury management solutions and financial services representatives through onsite appointment.
“We believe good things are happening in the Golden Triangle and adding a Columbus location to partner with our two locations in West Point and our ATM in Starkville will help us to fill in our footprint in this market,” stated Scott Cochran, Renasant Mississippi Division president.
Further pacing Renasant into the Columbus-Lowndes County market, Bill West has joined the Renasant team as division president for Lowndes County. West brings over 35 years of experience in banking, lending, real estate and business.
Renasant anticipates seven new jobs will be created with the opening of its entry into Columbus-Lowndes County. This will be Renasant’s third major opening during 2010, as Renasant opened its second New Albany location and its ninth Birmingham, Ala., location earlier this year.
The Columbus location will give Renasant a total of 48 banking, mortgage and insurance offices in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Stacey Pickering wins Patriot Award
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign