Renasant Bank entering Columbus market
Published: September 10,2010
COLUMBUS — Renasant Bank intends to enter the Columbus-Lowndes County market during the fourth quarter of 2010 with its soon-to-be open location at 905 Main Street in Columbus.
Along with Tupelo-based Renasant’s traditional retail banking activities, its Columbus Main Street location will feature consumer, mortgage and commercial loans, treasury management solutions and financial services representatives through onsite appointment.
“We believe good things are happening in the Golden Triangle and adding a Columbus location to partner with our two locations in West Point and our ATM in Starkville will help us to fill in our footprint in this market,” stated Scott Cochran, Renasant Mississippi Division president.
Further pacing Renasant into the Columbus-Lowndes County market, Bill West has joined the Renasant team as division president for Lowndes County. West brings over 35 years of experience in banking, lending, real estate and business.
Renasant anticipates seven new jobs will be created with the opening of its entry into Columbus-Lowndes County. This will be Renasant’s third major opening during 2010, as Renasant opened its second New Albany location and its ninth Birmingham, Ala., location earlier this year.
The Columbus location will give Renasant a total of 48 banking, mortgage and insurance offices in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act