Crenshaw to head USM’s Physical Plant
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
The University of Southern Mississippi has appointed Dr. Chris Crenshaw to serve as director of its Physical Plant, beginning Sept. 1. Crenshaw is currently director of the university’s Department of Residence Life, a position he has held the past five years.
As director of the Physical Plant, Crenshaw will oversee all Hattiesburg campus building projects, facility maintenance, custodial and grounds services and supervision of administration and staff in these areas. He replaces Rusty Postlewate, who is leaving for a similar position at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
A native of Caruthersville, Mo., Crenshaw holds a bachelor’s degree in personnel management, master’s degree in counseling and student personnel services and a doctorate in higher education administration from Southern Miss. He also earned an associate’s degree in heating and air conditioning from Jones County Junior College.
He has served in a variety of other positions in more than 18 years as a Southern Miss employee, including as associate director of business and operations for Residence Life, associate director of Union and Student Activities and assistant director for Greek Life.
Crenshaw is also an associate graduate faculty member for the Department of Educational Studies and Research, and has been an instructor for the university’s Leadership Scholars class. He is president of the Mississippi Association of Housing Officers (MAHO) and chairman of next year’s regional conference for the Southeast Association of Housing Officers (SEAHO).
A national search will be conducted to find a new director of the Department of Residence Life.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet