Festervand returns to UM ‘family’
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
John Festervand has joined the University of Mississippi’s Office of Development as the first major gifts officer for the Meek School of Journalism and New Media. He is responsible for securing financial support for the school, which was created in 2009, as well as for the College of Liberal Arts.
Festervand joins UM from Texas Christian University, where he was assistant director of athletics marketing.
He spent his childhood years in Oxford, where his father, Troy Festervand, was an associate professor of marketing in the School of Business Administration. Troy Festervand is associate dean of graduate and executive education in Middle Tennessee State University’s Jones College of Business.
Festervand holds a bachelor’s degree in public relations with minors in business and speech from Middle Tennessee State University. He earned a master’s degree in sports management and higher education administration from UA.
Festervand is joined in Oxford by his wife, Shevaun.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction