Festervand returns to UM ‘family’
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
John Festervand has joined the University of Mississippi’s Office of Development as the first major gifts officer for the Meek School of Journalism and New Media. He is responsible for securing financial support for the school, which was created in 2009, as well as for the College of Liberal Arts.
Festervand joins UM from Texas Christian University, where he was assistant director of athletics marketing.
He spent his childhood years in Oxford, where his father, Troy Festervand, was an associate professor of marketing in the School of Business Administration. Troy Festervand is associate dean of graduate and executive education in Middle Tennessee State University’s Jones College of Business.
Festervand holds a bachelor’s degree in public relations with minors in business and speech from Middle Tennessee State University. He earned a master’s degree in sports management and higher education administration from UA.
Festervand is joined in Oxford by his wife, Shevaun.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal