Festervand returns to UM ‘family’
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
John Festervand has joined the University of Mississippi’s Office of Development as the first major gifts officer for the Meek School of Journalism and New Media. He is responsible for securing financial support for the school, which was created in 2009, as well as for the College of Liberal Arts.
Festervand joins UM from Texas Christian University, where he was assistant director of athletics marketing.
He spent his childhood years in Oxford, where his father, Troy Festervand, was an associate professor of marketing in the School of Business Administration. Troy Festervand is associate dean of graduate and executive education in Middle Tennessee State University’s Jones College of Business.
Festervand holds a bachelor’s degree in public relations with minors in business and speech from Middle Tennessee State University. He earned a master’s degree in sports management and higher education administration from UA.
Festervand is joined in Oxford by his wife, Shevaun.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound