Festervand returns to UM ‘family’
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
John Festervand has joined the University of Mississippi’s Office of Development as the first major gifts officer for the Meek School of Journalism and New Media. He is responsible for securing financial support for the school, which was created in 2009, as well as for the College of Liberal Arts.
Festervand joins UM from Texas Christian University, where he was assistant director of athletics marketing.
He spent his childhood years in Oxford, where his father, Troy Festervand, was an associate professor of marketing in the School of Business Administration. Troy Festervand is associate dean of graduate and executive education in Middle Tennessee State University’s Jones College of Business.
Festervand holds a bachelor’s degree in public relations with minors in business and speech from Middle Tennessee State University. He earned a master’s degree in sports management and higher education administration from UA.
Festervand is joined in Oxford by his wife, Shevaun.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts