Festervand returns to UM ‘family’
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
John Festervand has joined the University of Mississippi’s Office of Development as the first major gifts officer for the Meek School of Journalism and New Media. He is responsible for securing financial support for the school, which was created in 2009, as well as for the College of Liberal Arts.
Festervand joins UM from Texas Christian University, where he was assistant director of athletics marketing.
He spent his childhood years in Oxford, where his father, Troy Festervand, was an associate professor of marketing in the School of Business Administration. Troy Festervand is associate dean of graduate and executive education in Middle Tennessee State University’s Jones College of Business.
Festervand holds a bachelor’s degree in public relations with minors in business and speech from Middle Tennessee State University. He earned a master’s degree in sports management and higher education administration from UA.
Festervand is joined in Oxford by his wife, Shevaun.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money