Gibbs named to First Commercial’s board
First Commercial Bank CEO Alan Walters announced that Jackson attorney Robert Gibbs has joined FCB’s board of directors. Gibbs is a member of Jackson law firm Brunini, Grantham, Grower & Hewes and a former circuit judge for the Seventh Judicial District of Mississippi.
As a nationally recognized attorney he has numerous honors to his credit. He was named to”Chambers USA,” a London-based guide to America’s leading lawyers that recognizes less than 1 percent of the attorneys in the U.S. He is ranked in the”Best Lawyers in America” directory, and was named to”Super Lawyers’” Top 50 in Mississippi for general litigation in 2009.
Gibbs is a recipient of the Thurgood Marshall Judge Award, the Jack Young Sr. Attorney Award from the Jackson Branch of the NAACP and the Award of Distinction from the Mississippi Bar. He is a nominee for Mississippi Bar Association president, and is serving as the MBA’s Court Liaison Committee chairman. He also serves as the Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit president and Mississippi Bar Foundation president.
Gibbs also is deeply involved in numerous metro-area community organizations. He currently serves as the chairman of the board for the United Way of the Capital Area. He is president of the Jackson Convention & Visitor’s Bureau board of directors and the Hope Federal Credit Union board of directors. He is as a member of the board of directors for the Metro YMCA, the Metro Crime Commission and the Enterprise Corporation of the Delta. He was the 2004 Goodwill Industries Volunteer of the Year and has received community services awards from the Mississippi Bar Association, the Magnolia Bar Association, the Jackson 2000 organization and the Black Women Political Action Forum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy