Gibbs named to First Commercial’s board
First Commercial Bank CEO Alan Walters announced that Jackson attorney Robert Gibbs has joined FCB’s board of directors. Gibbs is a member of Jackson law firm Brunini, Grantham, Grower & Hewes and a former circuit judge for the Seventh Judicial District of Mississippi.
As a nationally recognized attorney he has numerous honors to his credit. He was named to”Chambers USA,” a London-based guide to America’s leading lawyers that recognizes less than 1 percent of the attorneys in the U.S. He is ranked in the”Best Lawyers in America” directory, and was named to”Super Lawyers’” Top 50 in Mississippi for general litigation in 2009.
Gibbs is a recipient of the Thurgood Marshall Judge Award, the Jack Young Sr. Attorney Award from the Jackson Branch of the NAACP and the Award of Distinction from the Mississippi Bar. He is a nominee for Mississippi Bar Association president, and is serving as the MBA’s Court Liaison Committee chairman. He also serves as the Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit president and Mississippi Bar Foundation president.
Gibbs also is deeply involved in numerous metro-area community organizations. He currently serves as the chairman of the board for the United Way of the Capital Area. He is president of the Jackson Convention & Visitor’s Bureau board of directors and the Hope Federal Credit Union board of directors. He is as a member of the board of directors for the Metro YMCA, the Metro Crime Commission and the Enterprise Corporation of the Delta. He was the 2004 Goodwill Industries Volunteer of the Year and has received community services awards from the Mississippi Bar Association, the Magnolia Bar Association, the Jackson 2000 organization and the Black Women Political Action Forum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center