Swinford named school superintendent
The new Vicksburg-Warren School District superintendent has signed a two-year agreement. School Board president Zelmarine Murphy tells the Vicksburg Post Elizabeth Duran Swinford will be paid $125,000 a year.
Swinford is currently assistant superintendent for human resources at the East Baton Rouge Parish school district in Louisiana.
Swinford is the first woman to lead the district since it was founded in 1987 from the consolidation of city and county schools.
Swinford replaces James Price, who retired June 30 after holding the position since 2003.
The district has 15 schools with about 9,000 students. Swinford will oversee a budget of about $80 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department