Swinford named school superintendent
The new Vicksburg-Warren School District superintendent has signed a two-year agreement. School Board president Zelmarine Murphy tells the Vicksburg Post Elizabeth Duran Swinford will be paid $125,000 a year.
Swinford is currently assistant superintendent for human resources at the East Baton Rouge Parish school district in Louisiana.
Swinford is the first woman to lead the district since it was founded in 1987 from the consolidation of city and county schools.
Swinford replaces James Price, who retired June 30 after holding the position since 2003.
The district has 15 schools with about 9,000 students. Swinford will oversee a budget of about $80 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex