Swinford named school superintendent
The new Vicksburg-Warren School District superintendent has signed a two-year agreement. School Board president Zelmarine Murphy tells the Vicksburg Post Elizabeth Duran Swinford will be paid $125,000 a year.
Swinford is currently assistant superintendent for human resources at the East Baton Rouge Parish school district in Louisiana.
Swinford is the first woman to lead the district since it was founded in 1987 from the consolidation of city and county schools.
Swinford replaces James Price, who retired June 30 after holding the position since 2003.
The district has 15 schools with about 9,000 students. Swinford will oversee a budget of about $80 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.