Swinford named school superintendent
The new Vicksburg-Warren School District superintendent has signed a two-year agreement. School Board president Zelmarine Murphy tells the Vicksburg Post Elizabeth Duran Swinford will be paid $125,000 a year.
Swinford is currently assistant superintendent for human resources at the East Baton Rouge Parish school district in Louisiana.
Swinford is the first woman to lead the district since it was founded in 1987 from the consolidation of city and county schools.
Swinford replaces James Price, who retired June 30 after holding the position since 2003.
The district has 15 schools with about 9,000 students. Swinford will oversee a budget of about $80 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip