Swinford named school superintendent
The new Vicksburg-Warren School District superintendent has signed a two-year agreement. School Board president Zelmarine Murphy tells the Vicksburg Post Elizabeth Duran Swinford will be paid $125,000 a year.
Swinford is currently assistant superintendent for human resources at the East Baton Rouge Parish school district in Louisiana.
Swinford is the first woman to lead the district since it was founded in 1987 from the consolidation of city and county schools.
Swinford replaces James Price, who retired June 30 after holding the position since 2003.
The district has 15 schools with about 9,000 students. Swinford will oversee a budget of about $80 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus