Tutor makes history at UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
When University of Mississippi police chief Calvin Sellers pinned captain’s bars on detective Lt. Peggie”Jane” Tutor’s uniform, she not only received a promotion but also became the university’s first female to lead campus investigations.
Tutor, who joined the campus police force in July 2003, graduated from the Mississippi Law Enforcement Training Academy in November of that year. She became detective sergeant in Sept. 2006 and detective lieutenant in Oct. 2008.
A native of Toccopola, Tutor holds a bachelor’s degree in political science with an emphasis in criminal justice from Ole Miss, where she is working on her master’s degree in criminal justice.
Tutor and her husband, Scott, are expecting their first child in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets