Tutor makes history at UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
When University of Mississippi police chief Calvin Sellers pinned captain’s bars on detective Lt. Peggie”Jane” Tutor’s uniform, she not only received a promotion but also became the university’s first female to lead campus investigations.
Tutor, who joined the campus police force in July 2003, graduated from the Mississippi Law Enforcement Training Academy in November of that year. She became detective sergeant in Sept. 2006 and detective lieutenant in Oct. 2008.
A native of Toccopola, Tutor holds a bachelor’s degree in political science with an emphasis in criminal justice from Ole Miss, where she is working on her master’s degree in criminal justice.
Tutor and her husband, Scott, are expecting their first child in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years