Tutor makes history at UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
When University of Mississippi police chief Calvin Sellers pinned captain’s bars on detective Lt. Peggie”Jane” Tutor’s uniform, she not only received a promotion but also became the university’s first female to lead campus investigations.
Tutor, who joined the campus police force in July 2003, graduated from the Mississippi Law Enforcement Training Academy in November of that year. She became detective sergeant in Sept. 2006 and detective lieutenant in Oct. 2008.
A native of Toccopola, Tutor holds a bachelor’s degree in political science with an emphasis in criminal justice from Ole Miss, where she is working on her master’s degree in criminal justice.
Tutor and her husband, Scott, are expecting their first child in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker