Tutor makes history at UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
When University of Mississippi police chief Calvin Sellers pinned captain’s bars on detective Lt. Peggie”Jane” Tutor’s uniform, she not only received a promotion but also became the university’s first female to lead campus investigations.
Tutor, who joined the campus police force in July 2003, graduated from the Mississippi Law Enforcement Training Academy in November of that year. She became detective sergeant in Sept. 2006 and detective lieutenant in Oct. 2008.
A native of Toccopola, Tutor holds a bachelor’s degree in political science with an emphasis in criminal justice from Ole Miss, where she is working on her master’s degree in criminal justice.
Tutor and her husband, Scott, are expecting their first child in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss