Tutor makes history at UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
When University of Mississippi police chief Calvin Sellers pinned captain’s bars on detective Lt. Peggie”Jane” Tutor’s uniform, she not only received a promotion but also became the university’s first female to lead campus investigations.
Tutor, who joined the campus police force in July 2003, graduated from the Mississippi Law Enforcement Training Academy in November of that year. She became detective sergeant in Sept. 2006 and detective lieutenant in Oct. 2008.
A native of Toccopola, Tutor holds a bachelor’s degree in political science with an emphasis in criminal justice from Ole Miss, where she is working on her master’s degree in criminal justice.
Tutor and her husband, Scott, are expecting their first child in November.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015