USM Foundation chooses Bonnette
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
Mike Bonnette has been named the new associate director for development of the University of Southern Mississippi Foundation as its development staff transitions from college-based fundraising to initiative-based fundraising.
In this new development format, Bonnette will focus on the university’s top fundraising initiatives as defined by the University’s Executive Cabinet. He will oversee the Foundation’s development activities, campaign planning, annual giving, major gifts and planned gifts as well as the communications and special events functions. He is also responsible for directing the efforts of the Foundation’s development officers.
Before joining the USM Foundation staff, Bonnette was responsible for major gifts and volunteer board development at Clemson University where he served as a central staff development officer. Bonnette also brings experience from his work in alumni affairs at Clemson where he held the positions of director of business development and director of marketing and communications.
Bonnette is a two-time graduate of Clemson University, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in agricultural education and a master’s degree in human resource development. Prior to his work in development, Bonnette worked in the agricultural chemical industry in account management and sales and marketing support. He plans to complete a doctorate in higher education administration within the next year.
Bonnette and his wife Amy have two children: Carson, 3, and Laura, five months.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project