USM Foundation chooses Bonnette
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 12,2010
Mike Bonnette has been named the new associate director for development of the University of Southern Mississippi Foundation as its development staff transitions from college-based fundraising to initiative-based fundraising.
In this new development format, Bonnette will focus on the university’s top fundraising initiatives as defined by the University’s Executive Cabinet. He will oversee the Foundation’s development activities, campaign planning, annual giving, major gifts and planned gifts as well as the communications and special events functions. He is also responsible for directing the efforts of the Foundation’s development officers.
Before joining the USM Foundation staff, Bonnette was responsible for major gifts and volunteer board development at Clemson University where he served as a central staff development officer. Bonnette also brings experience from his work in alumni affairs at Clemson where he held the positions of director of business development and director of marketing and communications.
Bonnette is a two-time graduate of Clemson University, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in agricultural education and a master’s degree in human resource development. Prior to his work in development, Bonnette worked in the agricultural chemical industry in account management and sales and marketing support. He plans to complete a doctorate in higher education administration within the next year.
Bonnette and his wife Amy have two children: Carson, 3, and Laura, five months.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip