Officials want comments on waterfront project
Published: September 13,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources will hold a public hearing on proposed maintenance, repairs and upgrades to the Fort Bayou Bridge boat launch area in Ocean Springs.
The meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 15 at the Bolton Building, 1141 Bayview Ave., Biloxi, in the Coastal Ecology Conference Room on the fifth floor.
The Jackson County Board of Supervisors is proposing maintenance, upgrades and repairs to the boat launch and parking facilities at the northern footing of the Fort Bayou Bridge in Ocean Springs. Four sections of bulkhead totaling 590 feet, approximately 240 cubic yards of riprap and a fishing pier are proposed. Two variances to the Mississippi Coastal Program will be required for the placement of 547 cubic yards of granular fill that will be placed in coastal wetlands along the existing roadway.
The public hearing will not be a question-and-answer session, but will be a medium for concerned parties to make comments about the proposed project for the public record.
Any person wishing to make comments or objections to the proposed project must submit those comments in writing to the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources at 1141 Bayview Ave., Biloxi, MS 39530 and the Office of Pollution Control, P.O. Box 2261, Jackson, MS 39225-2261 before 1 p.m. Sept. 16.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo