Officials want comments on waterfront project
Published: September 13,2010
OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources will hold a public hearing on proposed maintenance, repairs and upgrades to the Fort Bayou Bridge boat launch area in Ocean Springs.
The meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. Sept. 15 at the Bolton Building, 1141 Bayview Ave., Biloxi, in the Coastal Ecology Conference Room on the fifth floor.
The Jackson County Board of Supervisors is proposing maintenance, upgrades and repairs to the boat launch and parking facilities at the northern footing of the Fort Bayou Bridge in Ocean Springs. Four sections of bulkhead totaling 590 feet, approximately 240 cubic yards of riprap and a fishing pier are proposed. Two variances to the Mississippi Coastal Program will be required for the placement of 547 cubic yards of granular fill that will be placed in coastal wetlands along the existing roadway.
The public hearing will not be a question-and-answer session, but will be a medium for concerned parties to make comments about the proposed project for the public record.
Any person wishing to make comments or objections to the proposed project must submit those comments in writing to the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources at 1141 Bayview Ave., Biloxi, MS 39530 and the Office of Pollution Control, P.O. Box 2261, Jackson, MS 39225-2261 before 1 p.m. Sept. 16.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma