Another West Nile virus case identified
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2010
CALHOUN COUNTY — Health officials say one new case of West Nile virus has been reported in Mississippi, bringing the state total to five so far this year.
The Mississippi Department of Health said in a news release that the new case occurred in an adult in Calhoun County. Earlier, two positive cases were reported in Leflore County with one each in Coahoma and Scott counties.
Health officials say there have been two positive WNV mosquito samples reported in Madison and Hancock counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge