Another West Nile virus case identified
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2010
CALHOUN COUNTY — Health officials say one new case of West Nile virus has been reported in Mississippi, bringing the state total to five so far this year.
The Mississippi Department of Health said in a news release that the new case occurred in an adult in Calhoun County. Earlier, two positive cases were reported in Leflore County with one each in Coahoma and Scott counties.
Health officials say there have been two positive WNV mosquito samples reported in Madison and Hancock counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law