Churchill Downs buying Delta casino
Published: September 14,2010
GREENVILLE — The parent of Churchill Downs race track is getting into the full-fledged casino business.
Churchill Downs Inc. said it has agreed to acquire Harlow’s Casino Resort & Hotel in Greenville for about $138 million.
Churchill said the cash deal is subject to regulatory approval but is expected to be completed in the next three to six months.
Harlow’s opened in late 2007 near the Mississippi River and features a 33,000-square-foot gaming floor.
Churchill Downs president and CEO Robert L. Evans said the addition of Harlow’s continues the Louisville, Ky.–based company’s strategy of diversifying its business across its racing, gaming and online units.
Churchill owns and operates race tracks in Illinois, Florida and Louisiana as well as its namesake track in Louisville, which is home to the Kentucky Derby.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities