Churchill Downs buying Delta casino
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2010
GREENVILLE — The parent of Churchill Downs race track is getting into the full-fledged casino business.
Churchill Downs Inc. said it has agreed to acquire Harlow’s Casino Resort & Hotel in Greenville for about $138 million.
Churchill said the cash deal is subject to regulatory approval but is expected to be completed in the next three to six months.
Harlow’s opened in late 2007 near the Mississippi River and features a 33,000-square-foot gaming floor.
Churchill Downs president and CEO Robert L. Evans said the addition of Harlow’s continues the Louisville, Ky.–based company’s strategy of diversifying its business across its racing, gaming and online units.
Churchill owns and operates race tracks in Illinois, Florida and Louisiana as well as its namesake track in Louisville, which is home to the Kentucky Derby.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody