Churchill Downs buying Delta casino
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2010
GREENVILLE — The parent of Churchill Downs race track is getting into the full-fledged casino business.
Churchill Downs Inc. said it has agreed to acquire Harlow’s Casino Resort & Hotel in Greenville for about $138 million.
Churchill said the cash deal is subject to regulatory approval but is expected to be completed in the next three to six months.
Harlow’s opened in late 2007 near the Mississippi River and features a 33,000-square-foot gaming floor.
Churchill Downs president and CEO Robert L. Evans said the addition of Harlow’s continues the Louisville, Ky.–based company’s strategy of diversifying its business across its racing, gaming and online units.
Churchill owns and operates race tracks in Illinois, Florida and Louisiana as well as its namesake track in Louisville, which is home to the Kentucky Derby.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county