OPEC chief ‘comfortable’ with oil prices
Published: September 14,2010
VIENNA — The chief of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries suggests oil production will likely stay unchanged for some time as the group waits to see how the world economy recovers.
Abdalla El-Badri says OPEC is “comfortable” with the current oil cost range, adding the Vienna-based group doesn’t want to “rock the boat” as the world recovers from the global economic downturn.
He also told reporters that OPEC doesn’t want to see a “double dip recession” and that a change in quotas and prices this year depends on “circumstances.”
El-Badri spoke at a news conference marking the 50th birthday of the oil producing bloc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO