OPEC chief ‘comfortable’ with oil prices
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2010
VIENNA — The chief of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries suggests oil production will likely stay unchanged for some time as the group waits to see how the world economy recovers.
Abdalla El-Badri says OPEC is “comfortable” with the current oil cost range, adding the Vienna-based group doesn’t want to “rock the boat” as the world recovers from the global economic downturn.
He also told reporters that OPEC doesn’t want to see a “double dip recession” and that a change in quotas and prices this year depends on “circumstances.”
El-Badri spoke at a news conference marking the 50th birthday of the oil producing bloc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center