OPEC chief ‘comfortable’ with oil prices
Published: September 14,2010
VIENNA — The chief of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries suggests oil production will likely stay unchanged for some time as the group waits to see how the world economy recovers.
Abdalla El-Badri says OPEC is “comfortable” with the current oil cost range, adding the Vienna-based group doesn’t want to “rock the boat” as the world recovers from the global economic downturn.
He also told reporters that OPEC doesn’t want to see a “double dip recession” and that a change in quotas and prices this year depends on “circumstances.”
El-Badri spoke at a news conference marking the 50th birthday of the oil producing bloc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement