OPEC chief ‘comfortable’ with oil prices
by Associated Press
Published: September 14,2010
VIENNA — The chief of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries suggests oil production will likely stay unchanged for some time as the group waits to see how the world economy recovers.
Abdalla El-Badri says OPEC is “comfortable” with the current oil cost range, adding the Vienna-based group doesn’t want to “rock the boat” as the world recovers from the global economic downturn.
He also told reporters that OPEC doesn’t want to see a “double dip recession” and that a change in quotas and prices this year depends on “circumstances.”
El-Badri spoke at a news conference marking the 50th birthday of the oil producing bloc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data