Delta State establishes new business center
CLEVELAND — Delta State University’s College of Business has established The Center for Economic Education and Research (CEER) housed within the university’s Division of Accountancy, Computer Information Systems and Finance.
The mission of the CEER is to provide an academic resource for public and private schools, K-12 teachers and students as well as adult learners in the Mississippi Delta. More specifically, the CEER will promote a greater understanding of economics, the United States economic system, and financial literacy through educational outreach activities and research.
The CEER will conduct economic education professional development programs for K-12 teachers and will act in a consulting capacity with public and private school systems in the Mississippi Delta.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state