Delta State establishes new business center
CLEVELAND — Delta State University’s College of Business has established The Center for Economic Education and Research (CEER) housed within the university’s Division of Accountancy, Computer Information Systems and Finance.
The mission of the CEER is to provide an academic resource for public and private schools, K-12 teachers and students as well as adult learners in the Mississippi Delta. More specifically, the CEER will promote a greater understanding of economics, the United States economic system, and financial literacy through educational outreach activities and research.
The CEER will conduct economic education professional development programs for K-12 teachers and will act in a consulting capacity with public and private school systems in the Mississippi Delta.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign