Host to replace Hickson as Trustmark president/CEO
Published: September 15,2010
JACKSON — The boards of directors of Trustmark Corporation and its subsidiary, Trustmark National Bank, have named Gerard R. “Jerry” Host as president and CEO of both companies upon the retirement of Richard G. Hickson as CEO on Dec. 31.
Hickson said, “Throughout his tenure with Trustmark, Jerry has provided key leadership in developing and implementing the company’s strategic plans and operations, which is reflected in our continued solid performance, and I am certain he will continue to build value for our shareholders.”
Host currently serves as a director of both companies, as well as president and COO of Trustmark National Bank, a position he has held since 2008. During his 26 years with Trustmark, Host has served in various executive management capacities, including president and COO of the General Banking, Consumer Services and Financial Services divisions, as well as CFO.
He is a director of the New Orleans Branch Board of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and the Mississippi Bankers Association. He is past treasurer and serves on the Board of Governors and Executive Committee for the Mississippi Economic Council and is past chairman of the board for Pulse-EFT Association, now a subsidiary of Discover Financial Services Inc.
Hickson will continue to serve as chairman of Trustmark and Trustmark National Bank until the annual shareholders meeting in May 2011, at which time he will retire.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics