MUW’s V3 signs Hinds Community College
COLUMBUS and RAYMOND — Leaders with Mississippi University for Women’s (MUW’s) new online college, V3 College, have signed an agreement to partner with Hinds Community College (HCC), the state’s largest community college.
V3 College offers degree completion programs to community college students who have an associate’s degree in applied sciences. The new college provides students a path to finish their bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and stay in their home communities.
HCC president Dr. Clyde Muse says V3 College is breaking new ground.
“Some universities have done similar programs with community college transfers, but no one has done a comprehensive program for technical students like V3 College has,” said Muse.
First term classes at V3 College are underway, and more than 50 students are
V3 College has also signed agreements with Mississippi Delta Community College, East Mississippi Community College, Holmes Community College, Jones County Junior College, Southwest Mississippi Community College, Northwest Mississippi Community College, Northeast Mississippi Community College, East Central Community College, Copiah Lincoln Community College and Itawamba Community College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training