MUW’s V3 signs Hinds Community College
COLUMBUS and RAYMOND — Leaders with Mississippi University for Women’s (MUW’s) new online college, V3 College, have signed an agreement to partner with Hinds Community College (HCC), the state’s largest community college.
V3 College offers degree completion programs to community college students who have an associate’s degree in applied sciences. The new college provides students a path to finish their bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and stay in their home communities.
HCC president Dr. Clyde Muse says V3 College is breaking new ground.
“Some universities have done similar programs with community college transfers, but no one has done a comprehensive program for technical students like V3 College has,” said Muse.
First term classes at V3 College are underway, and more than 50 students are
V3 College has also signed agreements with Mississippi Delta Community College, East Mississippi Community College, Holmes Community College, Jones County Junior College, Southwest Mississippi Community College, Northwest Mississippi Community College, Northeast Mississippi Community College, East Central Community College, Copiah Lincoln Community College and Itawamba Community College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound