MUW’s V3 signs Hinds Community College
COLUMBUS and RAYMOND — Leaders with Mississippi University for Women’s (MUW’s) new online college, V3 College, have signed an agreement to partner with Hinds Community College (HCC), the state’s largest community college.
V3 College offers degree completion programs to community college students who have an associate’s degree in applied sciences. The new college provides students a path to finish their bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and stay in their home communities.
HCC president Dr. Clyde Muse says V3 College is breaking new ground.
“Some universities have done similar programs with community college transfers, but no one has done a comprehensive program for technical students like V3 College has,” said Muse.
First term classes at V3 College are underway, and more than 50 students are
V3 College has also signed agreements with Mississippi Delta Community College, East Mississippi Community College, Holmes Community College, Jones County Junior College, Southwest Mississippi Community College, Northwest Mississippi Community College, Northeast Mississippi Community College, East Central Community College, Copiah Lincoln Community College and Itawamba Community College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force