Louisiana’s casinos see fewer winning hands
Published: September 17,2010
BATON ROUGE, La. — Winnings from gamblers at Louisiana’s state-licensed casinos dropped in August.
State police report that the 13 riverboats, Harrah’s downtown New Orleans casino and the four racetrack casinos won $193.4 million last month. That’s down from 2.4 percent from $199.8 million in August 2009.
The tally dropped 11.9 percent from $219.4 million won in July 2010. July is typically one of the busiest months for the casino business.
Last month, the riverboats took in $134.7 million. The New Orleans land casino won $26.6 million and the track casinos recorded $32.1 million in winnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast