Louisiana’s casinos see fewer winning hands
Published: September 17,2010
BATON ROUGE, La. — Winnings from gamblers at Louisiana’s state-licensed casinos dropped in August.
State police report that the 13 riverboats, Harrah’s downtown New Orleans casino and the four racetrack casinos won $193.4 million last month. That’s down from 2.4 percent from $199.8 million in August 2009.
The tally dropped 11.9 percent from $219.4 million won in July 2010. July is typically one of the busiest months for the casino business.
Last month, the riverboats took in $134.7 million. The New Orleans land casino won $26.6 million and the track casinos recorded $32.1 million in winnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015