Louisiana’s casinos see fewer winning hands
by Associated Press
Published: September 17,2010
BATON ROUGE, La. — Winnings from gamblers at Louisiana’s state-licensed casinos dropped in August.
State police report that the 13 riverboats, Harrah’s downtown New Orleans casino and the four racetrack casinos won $193.4 million last month. That’s down from 2.4 percent from $199.8 million in August 2009.
The tally dropped 11.9 percent from $219.4 million won in July 2010. July is typically one of the busiest months for the casino business.
Last month, the riverboats took in $134.7 million. The New Orleans land casino won $26.6 million and the track casinos recorded $32.1 million in winnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county