Louisiana’s casinos see fewer winning hands
Published: September 17,2010
BATON ROUGE, La. — Winnings from gamblers at Louisiana’s state-licensed casinos dropped in August.
State police report that the 13 riverboats, Harrah’s downtown New Orleans casino and the four racetrack casinos won $193.4 million last month. That’s down from 2.4 percent from $199.8 million in August 2009.
The tally dropped 11.9 percent from $219.4 million won in July 2010. July is typically one of the busiest months for the casino business.
Last month, the riverboats took in $134.7 million. The New Orleans land casino won $26.6 million and the track casinos recorded $32.1 million in winnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal