Louisiana’s casinos see fewer winning hands
Published: September 17,2010
BATON ROUGE, La. — Winnings from gamblers at Louisiana’s state-licensed casinos dropped in August.
State police report that the 13 riverboats, Harrah’s downtown New Orleans casino and the four racetrack casinos won $193.4 million last month. That’s down from 2.4 percent from $199.8 million in August 2009.
The tally dropped 11.9 percent from $219.4 million won in July 2010. July is typically one of the busiest months for the casino business.
Last month, the riverboats took in $134.7 million. The New Orleans land casino won $26.6 million and the track casinos recorded $32.1 million in winnings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center