MDOT to hold meetings on interstate connector
by Wally Northway
Published: September 17,2010
CLARKSDALE — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) and the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD) are conducting joint “open house” public meetings to invite public comment on a joint corridor study for connecting I-40 in Arkansas with I-55 in Mississippi.
Two identical meetings will be held. The first will be held Sept. 22 from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. in Clarksdale at the Greyhound Bus Station, 300 Issaquena Street. The second will be held Sept. 23 from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the Phillips County Chamber of Commerce in Helena/West Helena, Ark.
The public is invited to visit either meeting anytime during the scheduled hours for reviewing exhibits and offering comments. Representatives from MDOT and AHTD will be available to answer questions and provide additional information.
Individuals with special communication or accommodation needs under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may contact Donna Lum at (601) 948-3071 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made at least four days prior to the public meeting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up