Southern Miss to officially open the Accelerator
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi will hold the official grand opening ceremony for The National Materials Science Innovation and Commercialization Accelerator (Accelerator) in Hattiesburg today.
The Accelerator is a 60,000-square-foot business incubator that provides state-of-the-art space, technology and professional advice for start-up companies. The first facility to open in the university’s innovation and commercialization park, the Accelerator already has a number of occupants.
Sen. Thad Cochran is expected to be on hand to deliver some remarks about the grand opening.
The event will begin today at 2 p.m. at The Garden, which is located just off Classic Drive in Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again