Southern Miss to officially open the Accelerator
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi will hold the official grand opening ceremony for The National Materials Science Innovation and Commercialization Accelerator (Accelerator) in Hattiesburg today.
The Accelerator is a 60,000-square-foot business incubator that provides state-of-the-art space, technology and professional advice for start-up companies. The first facility to open in the university’s innovation and commercialization park, the Accelerator already has a number of occupants.
Sen. Thad Cochran is expected to be on hand to deliver some remarks about the grand opening.
The event will begin today at 2 p.m. at The Garden, which is located just off Classic Drive in Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line