Southern Miss to officially open the Accelerator
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi will hold the official grand opening ceremony for The National Materials Science Innovation and Commercialization Accelerator (Accelerator) in Hattiesburg today.
The Accelerator is a 60,000-square-foot business incubator that provides state-of-the-art space, technology and professional advice for start-up companies. The first facility to open in the university’s innovation and commercialization park, the Accelerator already has a number of occupants.
Sen. Thad Cochran is expected to be on hand to deliver some remarks about the grand opening.
The event will begin today at 2 p.m. at The Garden, which is located just off Classic Drive in Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House