Southern Miss to officially open the Accelerator
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi will hold the official grand opening ceremony for The National Materials Science Innovation and Commercialization Accelerator (Accelerator) in Hattiesburg today.
The Accelerator is a 60,000-square-foot business incubator that provides state-of-the-art space, technology and professional advice for start-up companies. The first facility to open in the university’s innovation and commercialization park, the Accelerator already has a number of occupants.
Sen. Thad Cochran is expected to be on hand to deliver some remarks about the grand opening.
The event will begin today at 2 p.m. at The Garden, which is located just off Classic Drive in Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.