Southern Miss to officially open the Accelerator
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi will hold the official grand opening ceremony for The National Materials Science Innovation and Commercialization Accelerator (Accelerator) in Hattiesburg today.
The Accelerator is a 60,000-square-foot business incubator that provides state-of-the-art space, technology and professional advice for start-up companies. The first facility to open in the university’s innovation and commercialization park, the Accelerator already has a number of occupants.
Sen. Thad Cochran is expected to be on hand to deliver some remarks about the grand opening.
The event will begin today at 2 p.m. at The Garden, which is located just off Classic Drive in Hattiesburg.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm