Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform
by Wally Northway
Published: September 17,2010
WASHINGTON — Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) is a cosponsor of HR 4972, the bill to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act — the healthcare reform bill.
He signed the discharge petition to bring HR 4972 to the floor of the House of Representatives for a vote to repeal the bill that became law March 23.
A discharge petition forces a bill to be brought to the House floor for a vote if 218 members agree to sign the petition. Currently 172 members have signed onto the discharge petition.
Taylor said, “I didn’t vote for it, people don’t want it and the taxpayers cannot afford it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform”
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations