Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform
Published: September 17,2010
WASHINGTON — Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) is a cosponsor of HR 4972, the bill to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act — the healthcare reform bill.
He signed the discharge petition to bring HR 4972 to the floor of the House of Representatives for a vote to repeal the bill that became law March 23.
A discharge petition forces a bill to be brought to the House floor for a vote if 218 members agree to sign the petition. Currently 172 members have signed onto the discharge petition.
Taylor said, “I didn’t vote for it, people don’t want it and the taxpayers cannot afford it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities