Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform
Published: September 17,2010
WASHINGTON — Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) is a cosponsor of HR 4972, the bill to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act — the healthcare reform bill.
He signed the discharge petition to bring HR 4972 to the floor of the House of Representatives for a vote to repeal the bill that became law March 23.
A discharge petition forces a bill to be brought to the House floor for a vote if 218 members agree to sign the petition. Currently 172 members have signed onto the discharge petition.
Taylor said, “I didn’t vote for it, people don’t want it and the taxpayers cannot afford it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform”
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports