Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform
Published: September 17,2010
WASHINGTON — Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) is a cosponsor of HR 4972, the bill to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act — the healthcare reform bill.
He signed the discharge petition to bring HR 4972 to the floor of the House of Representatives for a vote to repeal the bill that became law March 23.
A discharge petition forces a bill to be brought to the House floor for a vote if 218 members agree to sign the petition. Currently 172 members have signed onto the discharge petition.
Taylor said, “I didn’t vote for it, people don’t want it and the taxpayers cannot afford it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41