Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform
Published: September 17,2010
WASHINGTON — Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) is a cosponsor of HR 4972, the bill to repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act — the healthcare reform bill.
He signed the discharge petition to bring HR 4972 to the floor of the House of Representatives for a vote to repeal the bill that became law March 23.
A discharge petition forces a bill to be brought to the House floor for a vote if 218 members agree to sign the petition. Currently 172 members have signed onto the discharge petition.
Taylor said, “I didn’t vote for it, people don’t want it and the taxpayers cannot afford it.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Taylor signs petition to repeal healthcare reform”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi