Edney representing AMA on national committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
Daniel P. Edney, M.D., of Vicksburg has been appointed to serve a two-year term on the Executive Committee of the National Disaster Life Support Education Consortium (NDLSEC) representing the American Medical Association (AMA). Edney’s first-hand experience in disaster response includes clinical experience in the field with international and domestic medical disaster response teams, leading training sessions in disaster preparedness and developing response capabilities. In recent years he has volunteered in response to national disasters across the globe.
Edney is an internal medicine physician and has been a member of the Mississippi State Medical Association since 1993. He is an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine where he teaches medical students clinical application of medical ethics and outpatient primary care and has also been active in mentoring students and residents in medical volunteerism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training