Edney representing AMA on national committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
Daniel P. Edney, M.D., of Vicksburg has been appointed to serve a two-year term on the Executive Committee of the National Disaster Life Support Education Consortium (NDLSEC) representing the American Medical Association (AMA). Edney’s first-hand experience in disaster response includes clinical experience in the field with international and domestic medical disaster response teams, leading training sessions in disaster preparedness and developing response capabilities. In recent years he has volunteered in response to national disasters across the globe.
Edney is an internal medicine physician and has been a member of the Mississippi State Medical Association since 1993. He is an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine where he teaches medical students clinical application of medical ethics and outpatient primary care and has also been active in mentoring students and residents in medical volunteerism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment