Edney representing AMA on national committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
Daniel P. Edney, M.D., of Vicksburg has been appointed to serve a two-year term on the Executive Committee of the National Disaster Life Support Education Consortium (NDLSEC) representing the American Medical Association (AMA). Edney’s first-hand experience in disaster response includes clinical experience in the field with international and domestic medical disaster response teams, leading training sessions in disaster preparedness and developing response capabilities. In recent years he has volunteered in response to national disasters across the globe.
Edney is an internal medicine physician and has been a member of the Mississippi State Medical Association since 1993. He is an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine where he teaches medical students clinical application of medical ethics and outpatient primary care and has also been active in mentoring students and residents in medical volunteerism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators