Edney representing AMA on national committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
Daniel P. Edney, M.D., of Vicksburg has been appointed to serve a two-year term on the Executive Committee of the National Disaster Life Support Education Consortium (NDLSEC) representing the American Medical Association (AMA). Edney’s first-hand experience in disaster response includes clinical experience in the field with international and domestic medical disaster response teams, leading training sessions in disaster preparedness and developing response capabilities. In recent years he has volunteered in response to national disasters across the globe.
Edney is an internal medicine physician and has been a member of the Mississippi State Medical Association since 1993. He is an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine where he teaches medical students clinical application of medical ethics and outpatient primary care and has also been active in mentoring students and residents in medical volunteerism.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs