Forde to be inducted in College of Fellows
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
The head of Mississippi State University’s department of communication has been elected to a Fellowship appointment by the world’s largest public relations organization for professionals. Associate professor John Forde has been selected to the College of Fellows of the Public Relations Society of America, making him one of 14 public relations professionals nationwide with this distinction.
Forde will formally be inducted into the PRSA College of Fellows during an Oct. 16 ceremony at the organization’s 2010 international conference in Washington, D.C.
Forde is the first to receive this national recognition among the 600 members of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi.
Forde holds the designation of accreditation in public relations, commonly known as APR, from PRSA, the only national post-graduate certification program for the field of public relations. He now represents the Southern Public Relations Federation on the national Universal Accreditation Board, which oversees the credentialing process for APR designations.
Serving in many leadership roles and receiving top honors from the organization’s state association and specific state chapters, Forde has been a faculty member at MSU since 1987. He earned a master’s degree and a doctorate from the University of Southern Mississippi, bachelor’s degree in communication from MSU and an associate’s degree from Jones County Junior College.
Founding president of the PRAM Starkville/Mississippi State chapter, Forde served as president of the statewide organization in 1992-93.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so