Gore retiring at Southern Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders announced that Lee Gore is retiring as university counsel after leading the university’s legal office for 20 years.
His retirement is effective Jan. 31, 2011, and a search for a successor will begin immediately.
A native of Marks, Gore earned a bachelor’s degree in history and political science as well as a master’s of professional accountancy from Southern Miss. He graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1977 and was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in Jan. 1978.
Following five years in private practice, Gore joined the university in 1983 and was a member of the accounting faculty until being named university counsel and special assistant to the attorney general in March 1990.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones