Gore retiring at Southern Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders announced that Lee Gore is retiring as university counsel after leading the university’s legal office for 20 years.
His retirement is effective Jan. 31, 2011, and a search for a successor will begin immediately.
A native of Marks, Gore earned a bachelor’s degree in history and political science as well as a master’s of professional accountancy from Southern Miss. He graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1977 and was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in Jan. 1978.
Following five years in private practice, Gore joined the university in 1983 and was a member of the accounting faculty until being named university counsel and special assistant to the attorney general in March 1990.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love