Gore retiring at Southern Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders announced that Lee Gore is retiring as university counsel after leading the university’s legal office for 20 years.
His retirement is effective Jan. 31, 2011, and a search for a successor will begin immediately.
A native of Marks, Gore earned a bachelor’s degree in history and political science as well as a master’s of professional accountancy from Southern Miss. He graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1977 and was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in Jan. 1978.
Following five years in private practice, Gore joined the university in 1983 and was a member of the accounting faculty until being named university counsel and special assistant to the attorney general in March 1990.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind