Gore retiring at Southern Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders announced that Lee Gore is retiring as university counsel after leading the university’s legal office for 20 years.
His retirement is effective Jan. 31, 2011, and a search for a successor will begin immediately.
A native of Marks, Gore earned a bachelor’s degree in history and political science as well as a master’s of professional accountancy from Southern Miss. He graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1977 and was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in Jan. 1978.
Following five years in private practice, Gore joined the university in 1983 and was a member of the accounting faculty until being named university counsel and special assistant to the attorney general in March 1990.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss