Gore retiring at Southern Miss
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders announced that Lee Gore is retiring as university counsel after leading the university’s legal office for 20 years.
His retirement is effective Jan. 31, 2011, and a search for a successor will begin immediately.
A native of Marks, Gore earned a bachelor’s degree in history and political science as well as a master’s of professional accountancy from Southern Miss. He graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1977 and was admitted to the Mississippi Bar in Jan. 1978.
Following five years in private practice, Gore joined the university in 1983 and was a member of the accounting faculty until being named university counsel and special assistant to the attorney general in March 1990.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life