Pickett named director at Habitat
Karen Pickett has been named family services director for Habitat for Humanity/Metro Jackson, according to Cindy Griffin, executive director. Pickett will be responsible for working with families from the introductory process through moving into their HFH/MJ home.
Pickett, a Tougaloo College graduate, was formerly coordinator with the Jackson/Hinds County Crisis Intervention Task Force where she worked with law enforcement to move those suffering from mental illness from the streets into treatment. She was also formerly the director of Kingdom Builders Christian Association in Jackson. She has owned Scoops Restaurant in Terry since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss