Pickett named director at Habitat
Karen Pickett has been named family services director for Habitat for Humanity/Metro Jackson, according to Cindy Griffin, executive director. Pickett will be responsible for working with families from the introductory process through moving into their HFH/MJ home.
Pickett, a Tougaloo College graduate, was formerly coordinator with the Jackson/Hinds County Crisis Intervention Task Force where she worked with law enforcement to move those suffering from mental illness from the streets into treatment. She was also formerly the director of Kingdom Builders Christian Association in Jackson. She has owned Scoops Restaurant in Terry since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county