Pickett named director at Habitat
Karen Pickett has been named family services director for Habitat for Humanity/Metro Jackson, according to Cindy Griffin, executive director. Pickett will be responsible for working with families from the introductory process through moving into their HFH/MJ home.
Pickett, a Tougaloo College graduate, was formerly coordinator with the Jackson/Hinds County Crisis Intervention Task Force where she worked with law enforcement to move those suffering from mental illness from the streets into treatment. She was also formerly the director of Kingdom Builders Christian Association in Jackson. She has owned Scoops Restaurant in Terry since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center