Tucker promoted, Coll retires
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 19,2010
Andy Tucker has been promoted to fiscal services director at South Mississippi State Hospital. Tucker has served as purchasing director at the hospital since Jan. 2000, prior to the facility’s opening in May of that year.
Tucker holds a bachelor’s of business administration from Mississippi State University. He has completed the Mississippi Department of Mental Health’s basic supervisory course and is currently enrolled in the Certified Public Manager Program and the FOCUS Program, both of which are advanced DMH management training initiatives.
Before coming to SMSH, Tucker, who is a native of Smith County, spent two years as a conductor for Kansas City Southern Railway.
He is a member of the Mississippi Association of Governmental Purchasing and Property Agents, Friends of South Mississippi State Hospital, Mississippi Great Southern Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society, Illinois Central Historical Society, Kansas City Southern Historical Society and Temple Baptist Church. Tucker enjoys spending time with his family and anything that is railroad-related.
He and his wife, Sarah, have three children, Emma Claire, Drew and Lily. They reside in Lamar County.
A retirement reception was held at SMSH recently to honor Bill Coll. Coll has served as the SMSH fiscal services director since Sept. 2005. Before to coming to SMSH, Coll worked for 17 years at Browne-McHardy Clinic in New Orleans, and prior to that he was an accountant at Pan American Life Insurance Company.
Coll, a certified public accountant, holds a bachelor’s degree in management and an MBA, both from the University of New Orleans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino